Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finally A Family Affair

My husband and I have been looking forward to the days when the kids can go out hunting with us since - well, we started having kids. The oldest two were able to do this a few times last year and did so again Monday and Tuesday with their dad. The three of them enjoyed hiking / hunting the great outdoors along with two of the dogs in search of pheasant.
They enjoy each others company during a little lunch break - then back to more hiking / hunting.
I stayed home with the youngest two and noticed they play well together when it's just the two of them. A lot like the oldest two used to play when they were younger. The ones out hunting seemed to really enjoy their time and made some special memories, although my husband says if CT is gonna be a bird hunter he needs to stop looking at the ground for animal tracks and look to the horizon where the birds will be flying. CT is a really good tracker and spotter for wildlife - I think maybe I'll see if I can steal him away this weekend and have him find me some elk!
KN got this sunset photo on their long drive home. Nice way to end their trip.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I bet the older two got in some good bonding time with their dad while out hunting.

Wow! The sunset photo is gorgeous! :D

KathyB. said...

Perfect! This makes a Grandma's heart happy.