Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time to Camp!

Once again it's time to load up and head out to one of our favorite camping places. Iron Creek Campground on the Cispus River in Randle, WA.
My husband was very kind to help haul the kids, my dog Tinsel and myself up to our campsite on Thursday night where he helped set up a bit and then had to make the trek home because he had to work the next day.
The kids and I had a great first night together and I woke up to hear all 4 of them playing UNO in the trailer.
We all got up, made up breakfast and a campfire then went down to check out the river and ride bikes and walk through the campground, and then sit around and read for a bit.
One of the new recipes I tried was roasted vegetable salad from our latest issue of Sunset Magazine. I really like this one and will make it again.
On Saturday, my husband came back out to join us in the morning and behind him was my aunt and uncle to spend the day with us! My parents had come out Friday afternoon with my 4 nieces and stayed in the site across from us. Here are 4 of the girls with my Aunt. Just before my husband arrived, my dad, Little J and I took a little hike with the dogs. On the way back I asked Little J " Where are you going to sleep tonight?" (He'd been sleeping in the bed with me while my husband was gone.) Little J said " In the trailer - with you - on da BIG bed." I asked "Where will Daddy sleep then?" Little J replied " Outside. In da dirt." Nice considering he'd cried the whole first evening saying " I miss my dad. I want to go to my house. You want to go to our house now Mom?"
Tater and Chelan came out with my husband too. Here's Chelan retrieving dummies in the river.
We had blue skies the ENTIRE time which is rare for us and it got up into the 80's so, warm enough to swim in the river. The kids made a dam so the little ones could safely stay out of the current.
Here's another one of the recipes I tried from Sunset Magazine this time. Dutch Oven roast and vegetables. Took about 3 hours to cook. We had a terrific time and did all the usual camping activities, fishing, walking trails, card games, S'mores, stories around the fire and playing in the natural playground God gave us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks FUN! I would LOVE to take the kids camping!! DO you own that trailer?

Debbie said...

When did you get that gorgeous big trailer! I miss having a trailer. We raised our kids camping too! What fun. You are blessed to have a beautiful area to camp in and so many to enjoy it with. That sure brings back memories!
Deb

Connie said...

What fun times! It looks so beautiful there. I bet the kids really enjoyed that trip. :)

Wobegon Cottage said...

I miss camping where there aren't 10,000 mosquitoes and ticks everywhere. We are going to try more camping next summer now that I don't have to babysit.