Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Catching Up

 Summer weather landed here for us for a couple of weeks.  We got the garden planted, lawn mowed and enjoyed spending time in our own yard.  On the last evening of good weather we had a nice fire in the fire pit.
 It reached 80 degrees for Mother's Day.  Usually on Mother's Day we travel around in the pouring rain looking for flowers to add to our landscape.  This year, with it being so nice, I asked if we could just go to Alder Lake for the day.  My husband was so nice to oblige seeing as just sitting around with out a dog next to some sort of body of water, reading and doing nothing special is not really his thing.  He prefers to be doing something more active or catching up on sports in the house. 
 The kids had a great time swimming in the lake, playing on the playground and eating lunch out there.  I had fun watching them, sitting in the sun and reading.
 The rain came back to our area last Sunday.  We're getting some more school work done and our computer got a virus so my photo's seem to have been wiped off the usual area I use to put them on my blog.  I was able today to get a few of them over to a new folder but will still have to mess around with it to find how to access the rest. 

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

A perfect Mother's day to me!I love the pictures of some of my favorite people in some of my favorite places.