All of the grandsons on my husband's side of the family ( our 2 boys and 2 of our nephews ) have July birthdays so we planned to do a family camping trip to celebrate.
We met out at Pearrygin Lake State Park in Winthrop, WA. Lots of fishing was done ( and baby turtles diving into the weeds were spotted - so cute! ) but only one came out victorious...
Our brother in law caught 7 fish! He fried them up and we had them for dinner that night!
We got one campsite on the lake front and 2 further off so we hung out and ate and played cards together in the lake site.
We all went into the little western town of Winthrop to walk the boardwalk and have waffle cones and visit the candy shop!
Our Little J got a big scoop of cookie dough and a scoop of huckleberry ice cream on his cone and he downed that thing in minutes. He was the first one done! I was super excited cause they added a homemade blackberry and raspberry sorbet to their ice cream menu so I tried that out ( being allergic to milk and all ) and it was really good. Especially in the heat wave they have over there!
Our nephew - one of the 'birthday boys'.
The other 2 birthday boys sitting on the saddle stools which had a misting system running along that rail to cool you off while you ate! ( Along with our two girls. )
My husband made a special stop in here and then we went back to the campsite for our last night. I'm sure a lot of great memories were made for the kids - especially the birthday boys, swimming, fishing, candy & ice cream and gettin dirty! What more could you want?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I can just imagine that one day, one of the boys will be posting a fond memory of this on their own blog. "I remember when I was only knee-high to a turtle, sitting on my father's knees waiting for a fish to bite..."
The look on littlest one's face is incomparable.
Post a Comment