Monday, July 23, 2012

Our Next Adventure

 Well, we decided to put our house up for sale last February and if it sold we'd move further out to the country than we already are.  More land being our #1 goal to raise the kids on and possible pasture so our son could have some cows.  A buyer for our house came at the end of June and he and his two young sons are excited to start the next chapter of their lives here in this house we've built.  As for our family... we found this gem of a house ( photo above ) about an hour's drive south of our current town and we'll move here the middle of next month.  It's custom built and was finished last year.  The current owner is also the builder - he and his wife put years into designing and building this house and finished in time for her get the job of a life time in Utah!  So, lucky for us - they put this house on the market where we came along and found it!  The builder has been such a pleasure to get to know and work with and has many, many stories on how they came upon the materials to build their house and ways of designing it.  It sits on 6 acres of pasture and I've had the chance to spend two afternoons out there and it's just so peaceful!  I'm really not a city girl or even an 'in town' girl.  My husband and I like small cozy houses that look out onto fields and are dry and sunny and don't have to conform to all sorts of 'development' rules and regulations that go along with living in a more populated area.  Let the dogs bark, let the chickens squawk, let the roosters crow, let the kids run, and have chores to do, grow your own food and know the local townsfolk by name.  Although this new home is much more affordable and energy efficient than our current home, ( Yay! ) it doubles my husband's commute time to work everyday.  He'll be able to jump right onto the freeway but it's a long haul up North to the jobsite and traffic can get pretty bad.  I know this is a huge sacrifice he's making for me and our kids and I'm so truly thankful to him for being not only such a diligent, hard working man, but also for his constant willingness to support our family and give us this opportunity for a new adventure in our lives.  One that I hope and pray will be a better future for our growing kids and may we strive to serve our Lord wherever he places us in the years to come as that is why we are here on Earth in the first place and may we give all the glory to Him.
(The new pasture )

4 comments:

Nib's End said...

It looks a little like a barn. One of my handful of dream houses is a repurposed barn. It wouldn't look right if it were sprouting in a field of tract homes, but it looks perfect in a pasture. When can I come for a visit?

KathyB. said...

I am so excited for you all. I totally agree with your ideal of a neighborhood.Guess that is why neither of us live in Suburbia...not that Suburbia is bad, just not for us.

God is so good to us, and my Grandkids are blessed to have a Daddy and Mommy like you two. ( plus, I get to appreciate and admire C.T.s cows!)

Phil and Callie said...

What a beautiful house! Congrats you guys!

DeVlieger Family said...

The field looks like a good place for pictures!! I love open fields.. wish we had one.