We're finally here! Moved out of the old house on August 15th and unpacked our last box in the new house a week and half later. KN got a shot of the sunset our first week here.
Entry way, Living room.
Living room, stairway. Stair boards are from an old barn down the road, railings are alder taken down off the builder's property, window boxes and door frames are from a huge log that was floating down the Columbia river.
Bars on railings are re bar.
Rocks around wood stove were hand picked from the Cowlitz River.
Kitchen. Back splash tiles were hand made at a nearby pottery shop. Floor is cork flooring which Tom and I had always been interested in. I like it as it's softer on your feet and warmer than tile.
Master bathroom. Vanity and mirror were purchased by builder's wife ( who also did a lot of the building and all of the designing herself ) from an antique store.
She tiled the shower herself. I love my new shower!
We're using the loft as our office and video game area. Tom built in a desk last week so it now looks a bit different than the photo.
The dogs have fit right in. They love the space to run as fast as they want without running into things.
A view of out back. We have really great neighbors. Went over to meet them right away and they've had our kids over to pick as many apples as we can use from their orchard. Plus, CT loves the fact that they are avid chicken raisers!
The pasture - where CT will keep his cows.
Front of the house. I've got my rocker on the porch there and have been sitting out there with my tea and binoculars keeping an eye out for elk. We spotted one last night walking out of the woods on the adjoining property. ( A tree farm ).
From the back.
We've been enjoying our new place immensely! The new dog kennels and chicken pens are built thanks to Tom's uncle and cousins and we finally feel settled. Getting to know the back roads now as CT and I go driving around - mainly in search of elk - or to the hardware store. Little J is just in heaven as every other vehicle that passes down the road is a tractor or semi - truck. Guys in the big John Deere were brush cutting out in front of our house all morning and he just stood out there in the driveway , waving away!
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
Your new house is full of light and stories!
ggebilisheustyIt is beautiful. What a great place to raise a family. Can't wait to visit and share a cup of Tea, maybe I could bring a treat to share>
Dad & I are looking forward to camping there and the big feast! Love your new home.
Your new home is gorgeous! It's almost like it was made for y'all! I'm with you, I'd rather be out in the open. Thankfully we do live in the country, because my youngest sometimes screams so loud, if we had close neighbors, they just wouldn't be happy!
Post a Comment