Friday, September 21, 2012

Honey Harvest

 Before we moved we had to lighten our hives by extracting all the honey from the frames.
 We used my dad's extractor.
 Straining the wax and particles out of the honey.
 We got about a gallon and a half of honey.
Ready to use!
Our bee hives were the first thing we moved to our new house.  They're now set up at the front of our property and doing well!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I have been parked here this morning with a cup of hazlenut coffee catching up with y'all. I love the new house. You are living my dream and I'm so glad you are. God had other plans for us and they've been grand, but I'd have loved raising kids out there. The house is a wonder. The builders integrated some very personal things into that home. We have a similar bath with an antique dresser for a vanity and I love it. Isn't it fun? That honey looks so pretty. Something else I always thought would be interesting to do. I have max house, min yard and live near downtown in the county seat! Oh well! Nice to visit with you this morning!
Debbie

KathyB. said...

Oh the honey harvest is wonderful! Starting with bees is good, very good.The honey harvest is a good one too.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you for posting the Joshua 1:9 scripture on your side bar...... it spoke to me where I am today. Thank you!!!!!

oh and I LOVE the duggars too. :-)

cindie