Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's Just That the Weather's So Nice!

I really haven't given up on blogging!  We've had such wonderful weather so remember in my last post all those projects I said I had to do?  Well, we're actually getting them done!  We did a bunch of little projects today, yesterday, the day before and a few really big ones last week.  We got baby turkeys in March and they believe CT is their parent.  Our neighbor came over to ask if he could buy one of the Tom's when it's grown to join his chicken flock and other turkey hen.  So, looks like we won't eat them all. 
 
 
 I really enjoyed raising my Bronze turkeys when I was growing up - they end up acting like the family dog and are really docile.  We'll be having a work day this Saturday to put up the fences for the future cows.  I took the kids to the Spring Youth Fair out here last weekend and was able to talk to a couple of the poultry people out there and then, while at the bank this week, the clerk just happened to have finished her senior year in 4-H this year in beef and dairy cows and knows all the cow 4-H people and even knew where to find a farm close by that raises Mini cows!  I'm trying to find people in the area to hook up with so the kids can join a local 4-H club.
While we work, work, work all day we've been taking our dinners out to the porch and sitting together talking and reading and feeling thankful for all God's given us in the evenings.

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

Can't wait for the fence party! The weather has been so nice and I am rarely indoors now with so much good weather for gardening and taking care of the poultry & sheep.

Things look good and I see CT's turkeys are as friendly as yours were.

Alice said...

Glad to see you back. We finally got rid of the snow but the wind took a bunch of newly planted flowers. Oh well it is fun being outdoors.