Our Pemco Insurance company has got the folks in the Pacific Northwest down pretty spot on.
These commercials they have on TV make me laugh and if I can't directly relate to them I know a lot of people from our area who these commercials remind me of! The blue tarp camper I can definitely relate to. My uncle likes to call the blue tarp our state flag.
I wanted to go to the ocean for Mother's Day on Sunday but I don't like going to the ocean when it's rainy and cold so I don't want to waste the trip. We don't live far but I haven't been to the ocean in 7 years because my husband doesn't like 'our ocean'. " Too cold and gray and windy" he says. My husband says I should write to the National Holiday Committee ( or whoever plans the calendar holidays ) and ask them to change Mothers Day to August so I might actually have good weather and can do something like go to the beach!
There's a lady that brings her goat herd to graze on the overgrown city lots where my husband works. Sometimes he has to go out there and rig up a tarp or something so the goats have some cover. He says this lady gets paid QUITE well to let her goats eat city greenery.
Okay, yes, this is true. Always a good idea around here to bring socks along to wear under your sandals and a wool hat and a hooded sweatshirt too in case the summer weather goes into hiding behind the clouds. Maybe long johns under the bikini wouldn't be a bad idea either.
By the way - on the television weather report last night - we've gotten 5 times the average amount of rainfall this week. We got almost 6 " yesterday and I guess we usually get about that much per week.
5 comments:
what a hoot - I went to college on the most northern part of the California coast - Humboldt county - so I can almost relate to the raininess. Never did get the socks and sandals thing going - and here in Texas - socks and sandals usually means TOURIST. Great commercials - I love the goats one - not surprisingly - I've never figured out how to make my goats stay close and go home again - they tend to wander given the chance.Thanks for the chuckle!
Those are great, thanks for sharing them!
Sorry you are getting so much rain. I hope you see the sun soon. Here, we've gone straight into summer. It was 81 degrees today which is actually pleasant. It was the humidity that was killer. All you had to do was stand still and you still sweated. Ah, nothing like living in the south!
LindaSueBuhl ~ Hahaha! Well now you know where those 'tourists' are from and you can tell them it's safe to take their socks off in Texas! Ahhhh - so your goats would be the ones wandering the city, catching cabs and nibbling people's coats at the crosswalks!
Susie ~ Sure! Rub it in!!! Our poor banana trees would probably get a chance to actually grow bananas in your yard - here - they just get started when it's time for frost again. You're sweating and we're all washed up - I guess we're both getting soaked - no place is perfect huh?
You beat me to it! I was actually going to post these commercials and you know, Blue Tarp Camper is your father and I ! How can anyone have camped in the Pacific Northwest without knowing how to raise blue tarps everywhere? And just what is camp without a soggy dog sitting near by?
HA! Those commercials made me laugh. Thanks for posting them. :D
Post a Comment