I had hoped by now to be documenting a lot of our gardening projects but the truth is - we haven't been out doing much gardening at all yet this year!
The last sunny day we had was last Friday and we spent all of Friday at the doctors for our two youngest children's check ups. The rest of the past two weeks has been very, very rainy.
The last sunny day we had was last Friday and we spent all of Friday at the doctors for our two youngest children's check ups. The rest of the past two weeks has been very, very rainy.Above, is a typical photo of our gutter downspout running into one of our dry river beds we created in our landscape.
See ~ here's one of our dry river beds .... DRY!
And here's one becoming, well, a river. Doing what it's supposed to do I suppose!
This is one of my favorite things in our yard. Our picnic table. My husband built this two years ago. He poured concrete posts into the ground and bolted large beams across for the top. He placed these large stones to set our Fir slabs on top of for the benches. He filled in the ground around the table with peach colored silica sand. Nice to put your toes in - but not on a day like today.

See ~ here's one of our dry river beds .... DRY!
And here's one becoming, well, a river. Doing what it's supposed to do I suppose!
This is one of my favorite things in our yard. Our picnic table. My husband built this two years ago. He poured concrete posts into the ground and bolted large beams across for the top. He placed these large stones to set our Fir slabs on top of for the benches. He filled in the ground around the table with peach colored silica sand. Nice to put your toes in - but not on a day like today.

At least we got a full rainbow out of the weather last night. Funny enough - the rainbow ended right in the pile of old cars at our neighbor's place. I tend to be pretty joyful by nature but the rainy weather really brings out the gloom in me so I try not to do much writing when the weather is wet for fear I might sound like an ungrateful, grumpy complainer and really, I have nothing to complain about and so much to be happy and thankful for and I guess the one good thing about the rain is I don't feel so guilty about staying inside at the computer and get lots of housework done!
6 comments:
Rain is good, but I know how frustrating it is when it keeps you from what you'd like to be doing. Hope the sun is shining for you soon so you can get out into your garden. Hope you are having a good week! :)
I really love sitting at that picnic table with my grandkids eating some of your husbands' barbecue! A good time for me always!
The weather is supposed to get better AFTER tomorrow! And I too love a good reason to stay indoors, and this time of the year I have to have a good reason to stay indoors and not be weeding my gardens!
My fantasy phone call to the doctor's office goes something like...
"Hi, I need an appointment."
"When would you like to come in?"
"On a day when I can't go outside unless I am getting into a car with a large umbrella. And certainly not on the only sunny day."
"Okay, we will see you at half past eleven on the crummy day of your choice next week."
First of all I have to say Lanny's comment is pretty funny!
Secondly I love those dry rock beds. At least they are doing what they are suppose to.
It has been rainy, Bet and I played Monopoly all day. Beautiful garden I always enjoy it when I come over.
Daisy ~ yes, I know there are areas in the world that need more rain ~ I wish I could send them some of ours. Thanks - I am having a good week - extra time to get stuff done.
Mom ~ Ahhh barbecue - can't wait and corn on the cob! I suppose I should use the cooler weather to knock down all of the yellow jacket nests under the eves of our house before they start showing up for our barbecue too.
Lanny ~ Hahahah! I'd like one of those appointment dates too! We've got the dentist this Tuesday so I'm sure you can count on the sun showing up then!
Susie ~ That Lanny! If only the doctor's receptionists were that practical! Thanks - we've got lots of rocks so we had to make some use of them!
Anna ~ who won? Did you get Boardwalk or Parkplace? In the mood for Horseopoly??? CT could play for days.
Post a Comment