
Today is my mom's birthday! This is my mom with my daughter ' MN' who looks a lot like her grandma - my mom.

Here is my mom with all three of her children. My mom homeschooled all three of us and also baby sat lots of other kids in our home while we were growing up.

My mom is a very hard worker and always finds things to keep her busy. It's rare to find her sitting down. I've always known her to be one of the most hospitable people I've ever met. As far back as I can remember, she was always inviting people over to our home to share a meal or fellowship whether they were family, long time friends or people we just met, her door was open and she was busy tidying the house and preparing a meal to share. She always taught us, no matter what you're in the middle of or how little money you have, always offer your guests something to eat and drink, even if it's crackers and a glass of water.

My mom loves kids. She used to teach preschool. She's never too busy to talk to the children no matter where we are and is always willing to go the extra mile to teach them a new skill. Here she's showing a family friend how to use the ball toss to throw a tennis ball out in the lake for one of her yellow Labrador Retrievers.

Here is my mom reading a story to MN and our cousin. My mom loves books and loves to read out loud to children. I hope I have the energy my mom has when I'm her age. We are blessed to have her in our lives, to raise us to love the Lord and her willingness to be over in a second to help us with anything we need. She's also just plain fun to visit with! Happy Birthday Mom!
6 comments:
Bless you for honoring your mother in this way. She is a very special person to those of us who have never even met her in person. You look a lot like your mom too, and are carrying on the tradition of 'good mothering' in your home, which is the greatest compliment a mom can get. Thank you A. Joy, for putting your mom where she deserves to be! God Bless,
Debbie
Why thank-you Daughter! What a lovely and humbling surprise to click onto your blog and see and read about me! This is all the birthday present i desire, the love of my children, their children, and my family!
Beautiful tribute to your Mom on her special day and such loving pictures of her. It's been a wonderful blessing to have met her and then you (through her) on the blog. I wish your entire family a year full of joy and precious memories!
Your mom is a sweet lady. This is a nice tribute to her.
your mom is a true gem...her heart and demeanor kinda reminds me of our grandmother...except your mom has a ton more energy :) Love being around her.
You are truly blessed to have the Mom that you have. I really like that first picture. Kathy and MN look so beautiful there. This is a lovely tribute. I enjoyed reading it. :)
Post a Comment