Monday, September 21, 2009

KN's 8th Birthday!

EIGHT YEARS OLD! I remember having this little one in the hospital - she was my most painful delivery of the four I had but the easiest recovery and easiest newborn! She was our tiniest baby but has always had that " I know what I'm doing and I'll do it by myself!" look in her eyes. KN is a very fast learner and we call her 'K ... the Brave' because she'll watch her older brother be frightened of something, give a little giggle and then go do it herself.
She was all of 16 lbs at age One and is very quiet until she's upset! Then - watch out! She was so small at age 2 that doctors wanted us to run tests on her, thinking she was too small for her age. We knew there wasn't anything wrong our feisty KN, both my husband and I were very small for our age growing up and most of our family members are on the small side. Then there was the fact that her favorite foods from the time she got teeth were green veggies, lemons and limes and good bowl of spicy chili. She's never been very fond of breads, desserts or carbs in general.
KN is good at everything she tries, her favorite activities are drawing, gardening, baking, sewing and playing with her older brother.
She is very much the artist - very intent on her project at hand and completely oblivious to any mess around her.
She has her own unique way of looking at the world around her and I love to hear the the things she says and the vocabulary she chooses. Very precise and loves long words! She's such a girl, but is able to keep up with the boys. Daddy is sure she'll have a great aim and be a good shot with a rifle and is hoping she'll join him in bird hunting when she's older.
KN is a very responsible big sister and loves taking care of Little J. He loves her very much and is always tackling her to give her big hugs. We love you so much KN and thank God every day for giving us you for a present on September 21st, 8 years ago!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday KN! What a great selection of pretty photos and it's always a pleasure to read about her talents. I am sure both Mommy and Little J appreciate your help to them. Enjoy your special 8th birthday.

Nancy M. said...

Happy Birthday KN!!!! You sound like a great blessing to your family!

Lanny said...

Hey! How time does fly, eh? It is great to be eight! (I made a poster for Stephanie "just the other day" that had that statement on the top.)

KathyB. said...

Happy birthday precious Granddaughter!

Susie said...

Happy birthday to her! She is so precious. What a sweet tribute to her.

audrey y said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KARLI. How wonderful to be eight

I've watched our beautiful girl as she studies people at fellowship. Ahe seems very serious yet there is a curious look there too. She's a sweetheart that fits perfectly in your special family

Always enjoy your post

Audrey

audrey y said...

Love this posting, Autumn!I could never have too many of those cute children pictures. You have put everything together so well.

Thanks for mentioning the 2001 earthquake and the phone call. I had forgotten.

Scary huh?

Audrey

Connie said...

Happy belated birthday! What a little sweetheart she is. Hope her day was special. :)