Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dump, Dahlias and Doctors

This post is basically just a bunch of updates. Remember the stuff that had been stored up in the attic of our creepy, old garage for over 20 years? Well, we finally got it all out when my husband decided to just do away with the ceiling all together and have a more 'exposed beam' effect. Here are the 'treasures' we discovered up there: ( in photo above ) 2 old stereo speakers, a hanging lamp on a chain, a bandanna. ( Not in the photo ) A disassembled recliner chair, a car speedometer, a Coleman camp stove, wine bottles, canning jars ( empty ), paint trough, another large chair and an army cot. So, what we really found for ourselves was a trip to the dump to dispose of it all. Okay, we kept the canning jars, and Coleman stove.
Remember this Dahlia bulb we got from my grandpa this spring? We weren't sure it would come up and bloom. It did!!!! And look at the flowers on that thing!
Why, they're bigger than my head! See, look! Here's my head next to one of the flowers! And the plant is PACKED with flowers that big and still growing. We love it.
Speaking of my head, that brings me to my last update which is to say that I had my head CT done ( quite possibly the strangest thing I've ever experienced, the whole laying there while having dye injected into you, a strange smell and this space like contraption whirring and spinning around your head. ) Thankfully, all looked normal in my head so off to the ear, nose, throat doc they sent me where I got my sinus passages numbed and a long, rubber scope run up there. All looks normal there too other than some small signs of allergy. Yay! Whatever was causing me all the pain, pressure and dizziness for the past 6 months gradually went away on it's own and it was believed to be just a viral infection that took it's time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you are not having the headaches any longer and that the tests were ok.
Those are very pretty Dahlias - I have never been able to grow those! I love your Autumn header photo. Hope that you all have a great weekend.

KathyB. said...

I am very, very happy to know you are fine and healthy. The dahlia is stunning and obviously Grandpa gave it to the right people to keep up his good work of raising platter size dahlias.

Feels great to get all the junk to the dump, doesn't it?

Wobegon Cottage said...

I love your post. I need a new picture for mine. Maybe this weekend I can get one. We asked to have Hunter over night so we can go to the pumpkin patch. Weather is looking a bit rainy but we will still try. Yesterday made me homesick. Rain allday. The things you miss when you move away..how silly huh? We have been looking into herb teas for some of our allergies. Glad you feel better

Susie said...

Well that is wonderful news. Glad the virus has left.

That dahlia is incredible. I like the picture of you with it, very cute.

Like your new header pic.

Happy weekend to you!

Nancy M. said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Those flowers are huge and gorgeous!

Connie said...

Wow, those dahlias are amazing--so beautiful! I'm glad to hear that your test results were all good. I hope you and your family are having a good weekend. :D

Carol............. said...

That dinner plate dahlia is gorgeous. I had a pink one that I lost last year to the cold and wet.