
These photos are a week late since the flu caught me and put me in bed for most of last week. We had such a fun time visiting my brothers and sister in law and 4 nieces in Eastern Washington.

The first day we went to a park called Cattails where they have lots of Tigers, Lions, Cougars, Lynx, Leopards, Bobcats and some bears. My favorite was the big white Tiger. We took lunch there and ate outside and then toured all the pens of wild cats.

The day after that we all went to a corn maze. It was sunny, windy and COLD!!!

Here's the gang heading into the corn maze. I brought up the rear most of the time since I was pushing the stroller.

Here is the castle that you're trying to make your way through the maze to get to. You could see it from everywhere but it was actually very difficult to find the way there. There was a man locked up in the turret with a bull horn and binoculars. Every few minutes he would call out " No running in the corn maze!!" Then ~ " Stop running in the maze, this is your last warning! " We weren't running but I wondered what he was going to do to those people he was warning if he had to warn them again? Shoot them with arrows? Yell louder? Send in the corn ninjas? Release the lions?

We made it!!! Here's my mom with the kids at the entrance to the castle. The inside of the castle had elaborate paintings on the walls and went up 3 levels.

Here we are standing outside at the top of the castle. It was super windy up there!

We then made our way to the giant slide where all the kids got to go down a few times.

The kids also went for a ride on this cute little train made of water barrels. It was fun to get out and see a beautiful part of the countryside near my brother's house and the kids really enjoyed spending time with their cousins. We look forward to seeing them all for Thanksgiving next month and hopefully we won't swap colds and flu bugs then!
7 comments:
I'm so sorry you've been sick. These are great pictures of what must have been a great time. It does look cold and windy though! It's such a blessing to see all of you together making precious memories.
Sorry to hear you had the flu. Yuk! Glad you are better now.
I can't believe the castle. I bet it was fun making your way thru the maze to find it.
You got some nice pictures, and I especially like the picture of the castle sparkling in the sunshine, looking all the more like a fairy tale castle.
Yeah, about the flu, we should send them a "thank-you" ( NOT!) for the flu, but it sounds like they're suffering too. Let's agree not to swap bad germs at Thanksgiving.
Looks like you had a great time. Michael was just saying how he wished Ellie had more cousins to play with like when he was little.
Family here is to far away so she will just have to have her fun times with grandma.:)
Ugg about your flu...feel better soon!
Awesome corn maze though! We love corn mazes--except we're getting a bit tired of the one we typically go to. We gotta mix it up a bit. I wish we had an awesome castle corn maze here! :)
That sounds like a lot of fun! That's funny about the guy in the turret! I hope y'all are feeling better!
It sounds like you had a fun time at the maze though you all do look a bit chilled. I hope the flu bug has left your household by now. It went through our house too, but I dodged it somehow (so far!).
Post a Comment