Friday, November 13, 2009

Be Encouraging

( Raking up the leaves. )
I've always been of the frame of mind that if you can't say something nice ~ don't say anything at all. Unless of course the matter has to do with someones salvation - then that should take precedence over your relationship with them. But of course speak with love!
Anyway - this poem was part of my son's reading lesson this week and I thought it was a good one. The author is unknown.
Help Others
If any little word of mine
May make a life the brighter,
If any little song of mine
May make a heart the lighter,
God help me speak that little word
And take my bit of singing,
And drop it in some lonely vale
To set the echoes ringing.
If any little care of mine
May make a friend's the fleeter,
If any lift of mine may ease
The burden of another,
God give me love and care and strength
To help my toiling brother.

5 comments:

Connie said...

That's a nice photo of your kids raking leaves, Autumn. I like the sentiment you express here and the poem too. Hope you and your family have a good weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of the children in the fall leaves. I really enjoyed the poem. Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Nancy M. said...

Great poem! I love the picture of the kids with the leaves!

KathyB. said...

Hear, hear~ Well said A.Joy! And I know you live by that too.

Carol............. said...

That spider web is great!

Such a nice poem...thanks for sharing.