Our black Lab Halle is miserable when my husband is gone hunting with Tater. Halle doesn't know what to do with herself. We brought her in for some attention and J.A. was happy to give her nothing but. Maybe she'd like to chase a ball? Maybe she'd like to eat a block? Maybe she'd like hugs? Maybe she just needs someone to ride on her back.
He walks around the house like this often. He's getting so smart lately, really, you wouldn't know it by this picture but he is! He brings me books, turning the pages himself and pointing at the dog on each page. Then he tells me what each animal says. Then he comes to tell me his diaper is dirty. " Mama - Whew! " he says. ( Time for a diaper change. ) He's learning to sound out words we repeat to him.
One of his very favorite treats and things to do with Daddy is eat gummy bears. That's his little thing to share with Daddy. Here are the two of them snacking on some gummy bears sent from his Nana.Psalm 127:3 " Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; The fruit of the womb is a reward."
We consider it such a privilege to have been able to have our four children and they are healthy and growing. There are so many people out there who would desperately love to have children and are unable. Having children does not complete a person but when we asked for these gifts and were then given what we asked for we remember to not ever take that for granted. We treasure these little ones, at the same time, training them to honor the Lord first. A family member of ours once pointed out that the average life span of a person is around 80 years. Your children are only children in your care for around 20 years. Such a short period of those 80 years of life so why would we want to spend any of those 20 years trying to get away from our children? I signed up for this job and I must be dedicated to it 100 % while it lasts. We know it won't always be easy or fun, but I'm home with these little people everyday and I need to say, I've never once felt I need a break from them. Never do I need "Me time". I enjoy every second of the time I have with my kids.
9 comments:
Little J is really growing. What cute pictures. I love him riding the doggy! I was looking at your Fall photos on your sidebar - all the children are beautiful and growing fast. You certainly are blessed and your children are blessed to have parents who love the Lord and consider raising them as such a privilege. God bless you all.
Aw...such cute photos and such a sweet post, Autumn. In a few short years, little J will be able to read these posts back to you.
You've got the right idea. By the time a lot of women figure that out, it's too late. I know your mom is as thankful for you as you are her:)
Debbie
He is so cute! He sounds like my littlest one, into everything. It is such a blessing to be able to be with our kids all the time!
I love your attitude Autumn. I think you need to speak to many young women out there. I don't think they realize what a gift they really do have or how much work it really is to raise children. Like you said,you only have them for about 20 years and it really does go fast. Maybe I feel so strongly because it was so difficult for me to have children but I admire your commitment.
JA is growing so quickly, and I remember when your oldest was just born...I saw him come into this world and look how fast a decade has gone since HE was born. Look how fast time has flown by since you, my first-born blessed your father and I with your birth. I loved having the privilege of staying home with you and your brothers and no material possessions were worth sacrificing the small amount of time God allotted me to raising my children.I am so very thankful your father believed this too.
If only more believers understood what you stated so clearly - it is a very short time you have to be with these beautiful growing soul - you and your husband obviously enjoy and cherish your kids - and they are just cute as a button! Bless you and may your tribe increase (whether you have more of your own or when it is time - beautiful grandkids!)
He is growing like a weed isn't he? I loved reading this post. He and all your children are so cute!
Little J is growing up soo fast! I can't believe it! Absolutely adorable post! I can learn so much from you as a mom! You're an inspiration!
Post a Comment