Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tinsel

This is my new Weimaraner puppy! I got him on Friday. Isn't he a pretty silver ~ blue color? That's why I named him Tinsel. That and because I'm a bit of a Christmas nut.
I've wanted a puppy like this for a long time but my husband just gave me the okay to go get one on Wednesday. My mom had already brought us the full color ad for these pups which were being sold by a nearby family. That was two months ago. Now they are 1/2 the price and there were still 4 males left so the kids and I went and picked one out!
We picked out the one that came right up and rolled over to have his tummy scratched by the kids. He's been a great puppy so far ~ really laid back personality. Not timid or shy ~ loves to lay in front of the wood stove and goes outside to relieve himself right away when I take him out. He gets along with Tater and Halle too and so far has slept through both nights we've had him. I really love my new puppy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful puppy! I look forward to watching him grow and hearing about the happiness he brings to the family. Hope you all have a nice week.

KathyB. said...

Your Dad and I already love him, and he is a beauty!I am so happy for you to have the puppy of YOUR dreams!And Tinsel is a perfect name for a silver dog owned by you.

Susie said...

Tinsel is beautiful! Love his name. I think it fits perfectly.

Nancy M. said...

He's gorgeous! I love his color!

Connie said...

I don't think I've ever seen a dog quite that color before. He is very pretty and unusual. I'm sure he will bring much joy to you and your family. Dogs always seem to do that. :)

LindaSue said...

Beautiful dog and Tinsel is a perfect name - nice early Christmas present.