
2009 went out with a bang here at our house. Literally, the girls went out on the porch and banged on pans with large spoons at the stroke of midnight. We turned the TV to watch the fireworks go off the Space Needle in Seattle right as the clock ticked down the last 10 seconds and then turned the TV back to the video game we were playing and sent the kids to bed. Our computer and all office equipment were sitting piled up in our hallway unplugged ( which is why I'm so behind in my blogging! ) as my husband spent that day and the next 2 days out in the cold garage building a Murphy bed.

Here he's attaching it to the wall in our study / guest room.

Here's the finished product. A queen sized Murphy bed for guests to sleep on whenever they're able to stay awhile! It will be stained to match the book shelves my husband will soon be building on both sides and along one wall. ( Can't wait for those as all of our books are sitting in piles in the hallway right now!)

He also built this desk right after the bed. It sits very low to accommodate the height of our rocking / bouncing IKEA chair. So one may sit in comfort while working on the computer! I spent the next day setting all the computer equipment back up on the new desk and really like the new added space the desk gives us! We had been using a dining table my dad had purchased when I was a baby and a folding chair to sit in for the past 5 years. What a way to put a kink in your neck and strain in your back while staying up late squinting at the computer screen!
11 comments:
Your husband did a great job on the bed and desk. I have a vague memory of an old tv comedy with a Murphy bed - was it Lucille Ball that kept getting closed up in one??? Anyway, I know the bookshelves will be very useful too. Hope you are having a good week!
i want a murphy bed... maybe I should out yours first???
try out yours first might be a better way of saying it??
try out yours first might be a better way of saying it??
Wow! That's quite a project! Or, I guess I should say projects! Looks great! :)
What a good idea. My guest room rarely gets used, but it's crowded with bedroom furniture and cannot be used for anything else. I love the idea of combining utilitarian with comfortable.
Debbie
How cool! I've never thought about having a murphy bed in a home, great idea! I've only seen them in hotels. Looks like he did an awesome job!
Wootwoo! It looks like he's done an amazing job on the bed and desk! Can I hire him to do one for us??? =P
He's very talented! How nice! Glad you got a new desk too!
Hi, Autumn. Believe it or not my mom and I used to sleep in a murphy bed that folded out of the dining room wall in our apartment at 40th and Yakima, in Tacoma, WA
In a way it has sad memories as it was where we went when my mom left my dear dad
Audrey
I am impressed with what you have both done in your home and your landscaping...now you have a bed for even more company, a good thing with all the relatives and friends you both have.
Post a Comment