Saturday, February 20, 2010

Good Weather Continues

A shot of Mount Rainier out the truck window as we drive home from the post office yesterday. Our great weather continues. I had to call my husband to ask if there was anything he'd like done outside while he was at work just so I'd have something outdoors to do. That's the problem when we get unexpected great weather in February! I have an endless list of stuff to get done - it's just all indoor stuff. That's where my jobs lie and wait and pile up if I'm outside. My husband has plenty to do outside but he also has to go to work at a paying job every day and doesn't get home until the sun has almost set - so... the kids and I go out and do what piddly little tasks we can without upsetting any of the plans my husband has waiting on his expertise. ( Um, and strength. )
( The top of the mountain shows above the trees from our yard. )
Yeah, it's nice to just sit around in the sun but I'm not a sitter, I don't do that well and I start to feel like I'm wasting time so back inside I go to get started on dinner preparations ( husband will be hungry when he gets home and will want to eat fast and get outside before it's dark! ), laundry needs to be switched over into the dryer, the wood stove needs to be tended so the house stays warm when it cools down at night and JA usually gets fussy in the late afternoon like he just needs to rock and fall asleep.
Tater is very happy to keep watch from her favorite perch in the sun - the picnic table. I must remember - it's only February! No need to rush! No plants to water yet, no produce to pick, no lawn to mow. I'm sure in a few months I'll be looking back and say " Gee, wish I had time to just SIT! "

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mountain view is spectacular. We were blessed today with warm sunshine and enjoyed being outdoors too. I hope you all have a blessed Sunday.

Connie said...

Looks so pretty there, Autumn, with the mountain and the grass looking so green!! I'm glad you were able to get out for a little while anyway. Our yard is still covered in snow with another storm (supposedly bringing six inches more) on the way tomorrow night. I'm really ready for spring.

KathyB. said...

My daughter, you are more like me than you know. You have perfectly expressed my sentiments in weather like this too. I say go ahead, rock that sweet baby boy as long as he and you require, the day he no longer desires or needs his mother to rock and cuddle him comes way too soon, and the days for sitting in the sunshine with young ones also comes and passes too quickly. Have no regrets and sadness over not taking time NOW to just soak up and enjoy your children's moments. I know when they are here at our place I forsake a lot of things to soak up the moments with them and just the other day was praying God would give me the mercy of not forgetting such sweet moments with them and with you and your brothers...

Lanny said...

The weather has been amazing! And I love how much I have been getting done outside, ditches dug, plants moved, seeds started, paths straightened, iris beds weeded, soil made.... inside, not to much the last couple of days. But that will change I am sure. I wish I could just have tube feedings when it gets like this, eating is just so inconvenient and gets in the way of a lot, including spending time with my girls, just being dorky in the sun!

A. Joy said...

Yes Lanny! You hit the nail on the head there ... TUBE feedings! I need tube feedings! All of the kids do really well on koolaid anyway - I could just send em all over to the hummingbird feeders!
Mildred - I'm so glad to hear you got some sunshine and were able to head outdoors!!!
Daisy - ~ gasp ~ SIX more inches??? Looking back at my posts from last February I was complaining of horrible, cold , rainy and snowy weather and very envious of the southern bloggers and all their sun - I am really appreciating this change! My aunt is up north and also going through the snow storms. Maybe lots of baking / writing time???
Mom - yeah, I know I got these restless legs from you ~ really hard to sit still when the sun is shining - must get some cement shoes - or maybe move the rocker / recliner outside!!!

Vickie said...

Oh my it is beautiful there in the Pacific NW! I've never been up there, but it looks so clear and crisp. I know you've tons to do in the house and outside, too, but you need to get outside and move about and soak up some Vitamin D and sunrays! Grab a few minutes when you can!

Vickie said...

Oh and I might add - take those babies with you! They grow up too fast to waste one moment without them!