Friday, March 12, 2010

Chelan

She's here! My husband's newest little one, and she's furry and has four legs! ( I did dream while pregnant with our first child that I gave birth and the baby was a yellow lab puppy and I said to myself " Well, Tom will be happy because he really likes dogs! ) So, here's Chelan, his newest hunting buddy and side kick #2 and man is she small, dark and FEARLESS! Hey, don't we already have one of those running around the house on 2 legs? My husband and the girls went on the 5 hour drive to Walla Walla to meet dog trainer and breeder Mike Gould and pick up this little bundle of cuteness, ready to take on any race horse. I've never seen anything so small run so fast across a hard kitchen floor, around an island counter, living room coffee table and back again without hesitation. We should've named her Petrol or maybe after a good race car tire brand. Ah! Haha! It just now struck me - Chelan! ( Well, she's named after the Lake and area my husband likes to hunt ) but it could be short for Michelin! ( Tires! Black! Fast! Maybe, . ) Of course our other black Lab is named Halle Blackberry after of course, Halle Berry so it would be fitting to name this one Penelope CRUZ. No, I think my husband is set on the name he gave her. Of course she's a big hit with the kids too and will not be lacking for attention or cuddling!

7 comments:

Nancy M. said...

She's beautiful! That's a neat name!

KathyB. said...

What an apt description of her AND little J.! I can chase them both around your kitchen island today~

She does remind me of your Whimsy, in appearance and size , wonder if she'll go after cat food with the same zeal?

Connie said...

Aw...so adorable! :)

Debbie said...

That cutie could give me 'puppy fever', but in my small yard one is enough. I am reminded of that when I have to 'scoop'. But I can imagine the cuddly softness and puppy smell that they bring. And other things! I must be getting old!
Debbie

Lanny said...

awwww!

Mrs. Mike said...

And I see that in the last picture with daughter and pup, we must remember to "let sleeping dogs lie".

Miss Libby is now three and I was thinking maybe it was time to introduce someone new to the pack, that is, when Boss-man's not looking!

Shelley said...

Oh I just want to cuddle that precious puppy and rub that little belly! She's beautiful!! I'm already missing Scout's puppy days....