Friday, June 4, 2010

A Day With Little J.

Hi! Wanna come spend the day with me doing some of my favorite things? I like to wake up early. My Mom doesn't. My big brother and I will eat our breakfast and drink our Ovaltine or Juice while we wait for the rest of household to get going.
My big brother first showed me this movie. It's his movie but I like it so much I ask to watch it all the time. I can't focus on anything else when it's on. It's about tractors!
It also has horses that talk on it! My favorite part is where one horse tells me " G is for Gait!"
The horse talks so funny it always makes me laugh.
After the movie, my big brother asks if I'd like to go outside and help him with his chores. I nod my head real hard because boy would I!
Mom's up and she says I should get my diaper changed first but Mom, I don't have time for that right now - I gotta get out and feed the rabbit!
Next we go get a bucket of chicken feed to feed the chickens. My brother is telling me that he'll go in the pen first and throw out some feed so the chickens don't peck my fingers. He says they might think my fingers are caterpillars. I don't know what caterpillars are but they sound like they might taste good. If the chickens want to eat them!
I wait for my brother to unlatch the door - he's real tall and strong so he can do that. He always makes sure I stay safe. After he gets the chickens their food he lets me come into the pen and get the eggs out of the nest box, all by myself!
I got one egg this morning, there will be more later. My brother tells me to take the egg to Mom. I run as fast as I can to the back door where Mom is waiting. I only fall once but make sure to hold onto my egg and it doesn't break.
At the back door, my brother catches up to me and helps me up to the door. We're working on some dirt and rocks back there and they say I might fall.
My mom tells me I did a good job and that she's real proud of me. Chores sure are fun! After the chores are done I'm feeling hungry and I hear my two sisters playing back in their bedroom. They invite me in and while they play with their Barbie dolls, I make some lunch on the kitchen set.
Both of my Papa's cook. I like to go to Grandma's house because Papa is there and he's usually cooking and let's me taste. When I get big I'll cook like my Papa's.
I always feel more hungry after lunch at the kitchen set so Mom makes me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I really like those.
My eyelids are feeling really heavy after I eat. Mom cleans me up. I wander around the living room for a few minutes and then notice my Tater on the floor. A boy's best bed is his dog!
Thanks for stopping by to spend some time with me and my favorite things!

6 comments:

Connie said...

Aw...such sweet photos and a very cute story. I enjoyed hearing about Little J's favorite things. Sounds like a great day to me! :)

Susie said...

Such a cute post! He's so adorable. I know he helps keep you entertained.

KathyB. said...

This really is just how Joey is, and I can see he idolizes his big brother, and his papas~

Tell him I am proud of him too and he did do a very good job of bringing the egg into the house without breaking it.

Wobegon Cottage said...

I think he and Hunter would have a great time together. Hunter loves tractors and gets to help gather eggs at the farm where his other grandma lives. He gathers decorative eggs at my house. it is so funny to see him carry them to me so very carefully so they don't break ( they are fake but I don't tell him) They might be able to come out next spring. If they do I hope the boys can get together.

Anonymous said...

This is an adorable post full of sweet pictures. Nice to see big brother looking out for little J. Their days are full of love and laughter.

Lanny said...

Nice job on the chores. What good brothers they are and sisters too for sharing their kitchen. A good day with little J.