
While driving yesterday, CT says " Last year it seemed like it took forever to get to my birthday. This year it's going by so fast I didn't even realize my birthday is next week. "
I said " Yeah, until you're 10 years old, time seems to go by pretty slowly, then after that it speeds up a bit and after 20 it goes even faster. Probably because we get so busy with jobs and projects and are always looking for free time which doesn't seem to happen, so time keeps flying by while you're trying to get work done and while wishing for a chance to go do something fun. Well, today we're doing something fun so I guess we found our time!" We were headed out to Alder Lake where 'Grandma and Grandpa B. are camping with two of the cousins in their cute new trailer!

We hang around the campsite and eat lunch first. The cousins showed my kids the fairy house they'd built in a stump in the site.

Then Dad ( Papa ) and I take Hawk and the kids down to the playground and lake. This is CT and one of my brother's girls standing in front of the swimming area. My brothers and I have come to visit this lake often growing up. You can see it was really cloudy out but that didn't stop the kids. They all went swimming and floating on logs in the cold water. Crazy.

After plenty of swimming and walking and drying off, we went back to the campsite to change the kids ' clothes. Then we went walking to the fishing docks. The green land in the distance behind the boys is an island that my brothers, cousin and Dad and I used to swim out to some summer days while visiting Alder Lake. It would take about 30 minutes to swim out there and there's nothing but wild animals living on it like deer and birds.

The kids with Hawk and 'Papa' on the fishing dock.

Back at the campsite, 'Grandma' made some coffee and the kids took Bea, the yellow Lab for a walk. Little J saw 'Papa' laying in his new chair and got right up on his lap to lay just like 'Papa'.
10 comments:
Blessings and prayers,
andrea
I know it has been a fun day and everyone will sleep soundly tonight! Love the last photo especially.
Looks like a beautiful place to visit. I love that pic of grandpa and little J. So cute!
What a gorgeous lake. We raised our kids traveling around all summer in one of those. If gas were cheaper, we'd get another:)
Deb
I miss camping there. We haven't done any camping here yet the bugs, humidity and heat are just to much for us. My kids still talk about all the adventures we had at Alder lake
What a great place to camp! Glad everyone had a good time!
Alder Lake, nice. Not to far and an especially nice way to have a birthday.
What a wonderful way to spend the day! That last photo is just adorable! :)
It was very interesting for me to watch Little 'J' study his Papa and work so hard to imitate even the way his Grandpa reclined in the lawn chair. Little 'J' is so much fun, and so are the rest of the grandchildren. It was a nice day and it was even better because you made it out to Alder Lake to be with us!
Looks like a beautiful and fun place to have a vacation! I bet there is great wildlife and birds around - have fun!!
Post a Comment