Friday, April 29, 2011

Disneyland, 2nd Half

( Entering Toon Town ) I forgot to mention in the last post that we rode Big Thunder Mountain that day as well. Tom and CT rode together and then I talked the girls into riding it with me by telling them it was just a little choo choo train going over some hills. Really, I didn't remember it being that extreme of a ride. Oops. They were almost in tears by the time we were ready to board since they thought only 2 people could sit together and that one of us would have to sit alone. They felt better as we boarded and all 3 of us could sit together but then the ride started and MN was gripping my arm and KN was screaming and giving me the dirtiest looks and all I could do was laugh my head off ! They said " That was the worst ride ever! You said it wasn't scary!" AHHhahaha! So sorry, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard over their faces. "Hey, you didn't die did you? You didn't even get hurt. Now wasn't that fun?!" They'll never trust me in an amusement park again. We made it over to Toon Town where Little J had the most fun. I love Toon Town. Even when it's crowded.
CT warms up by Mickey's fireplace.
Mickey's living room.
Donald's boat. Little J ran all over this boat, quacking like a duck.
Look at all those strollers! It looks very crowded but really the kids could run freely around Toon Town without much problem or line waiting. We brought along our cheapo umbrella stroller so it wouldn't be a big deal to replace if it got lost or broken. I put a luggage tag on it and we didn't ever have any troubles parking it and leaving it at each ride. We were given these cool heavy duty colorful Disney luggage tags so I put each kids' name on one with address and cell phone # and attached them to each kid's belt loop each morning. Just in case we got separated
Oh yes still crowded and the skies are still cloudy.
So, that covers Wednesday, now for Thursday, our last day at Disneyland. We got up early this time, ate our free cooked to order breakfast at the hotel and got into Disney as the gates opened, this time with snacks well hidden in our diaper bag ( they search them upon entering the park) and a plan.
We headed straight to Adventure land to get our fast passes for the Indiana Jones ride, got directly onto the Safari boat ride with a super funny tour guide, left there and went over to Fantasy land where Tom and CT got right onto the Matterhorn ( that line had wrapped completely around the huge snowy mountain the day before. ) while I took the other 3 kids on the now- not- broken Alice and Wonderland ride. Then CT and I rode the Matterhorn and we headed over to New Orleans Square. Everything today was going smoothly! We waited in a bit of a line for Pirates of the Caribbean - improved since the last time I was there - and then CT, MN and I went in the Haunted Mansion while Tom and the other 2 got some food and waited. We'd promised the kids the last day we'd get them ice cream sundaes so they enjoyed those for lunch!
They all wanted to ride the big pirate ship around Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island so we boarded that right after ice cream.
Little J sat up on 'Daddy's' shoulders and waved to all below as if it was his parade.
Then we let MN pick up her souvenir from the Pixie Hollow gift shop ( some Tinkerbell Polly Pockets ) and boarded the Disneyland Railroad for a train ride around the entire park. Little J did a lot of waving on this as well.
This completed our day at Disneyland and we strolled down main street, got our hands stamped just in case we wanted to come back after dinner and left the park. There are only a few rides we missed that I would have liked to go on but the lines were just too long each time we went past and there just wasn't time. It's a Small World was one of them. I always liked it and thought the girls and Little J would too and one of my old favorites was always the Peter Pan ride. That really packed this time so we missed it. Also, Snow White's Scary Adventure, the Casey Jr. Circus Train, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and Gadget's Go Coaster in Toon Town. Ahh well, Downtown Disney was calling and the kids were really wanting to get into the hotel pool - so, maybe next time.

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

This looks like a true vacation in every sense of the word. So much fun with the kids, a vacation they will always remember, especially the ride KN & MN went on with you. ~