Friday, May 13, 2011

How Can I Show ...

Do you love Jesus? If so, do others know you love Jesus? How do they know you love Jesus? These are questions I try to remember to ask myself regularly. Are there people in your life that you love? A spouse, a child, a parent? If so, how do others know you love them? Because you've committed your time and energy to helping them or raising them or supporting them? Doing things for them before you do things for yourself. Showing affection. Saying to others that you love those people. I think it should show even more so that I love Jesus. I'm a big believer in the term ' actions speak louder than words'. Probably because I'm rather shy and don't like to talk around others unless I know them very well. So, I have to show by my actions the kind of person I am and what is important to me. What kind of impression do I want to give to others. Well, I have to think about who I'm trying to impress and what I hope they might think of me. There are only a few people that I really care about what ' they might think'. My husband is one of them, my parents are a couple more. Usually if I know people are about to come into my house I think - " Is it clean, is it too cluttered, does it look organized and cozy?" Then I think about how the kids are behaving." Are they too noisy, are they being respectful, they better not get grumpy! Are their rooms picked up?" I guess these thoughts mean that the impression I'm trying to portray is that I keep a clean house and am training the kids right. Yup. That would be correct. That is the impression I'm trying to give to others. Whether at home or out at the grocery store. Now, how can I also show that I've committed my life to Christ? When people look at me they should see that -' Yep, that lady loves her husband. Oh look, she really loves her kids too. Hey! She also loves Jesus! ' That's what I'm after. Now... to try harder.
Deuteronomy 6:5 - 7 " And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up..."

5 comments:

KathyB. said...

I am thankful for you daughter, and for God who blessed us with you, your husband ( precious son ) and of course, 4 grandchildren I can't imagine ever having not had in our lives. God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Your love for the Lord is evident in your blog posts, Autumn. God has blessed you with wonderful parents, husband and children and it has been a blessing to get to know you all through blogging. Enjoy the weekend.

LindaSue said...

You give me such a big smile - God is SO good - your family knows the absolute joy of Jesus and show it in your writings, your smiles and even the occasional tears - proud to know you Sister in Christ

Lanny said...

A worth contemplation for sure!

By the way, your vacation pictures are delightful! I enjoy the many smiles!

Wobegon Cottage said...

Your a great mom. I never thought of you as shy but then we are family so you know me well.You are doing a great job with your kids as far as I can see. I also am a believer in your actions speak louder than words. Sometimes that is all you have to give to someone who is looking on. What a great testimony for the Lord.