Thursday, May 26, 2011

Comings and Goings

Seems we've been going on little outings here and there for the past few months while we're waiting for the weather to get less rainy. My husband got the chance to go on a 5 day fishing trip. You can tell from the photo above, the weather was stormy.
I liked this photo of the guys cleaning the fish because of the sun reflecting off their rain gear and the boat rocking in the background - and that there were fish to clean!
The guys had a good catch and now our freezer is full of fish! Nicely cleaned, wrapped and marked.
On Sunday I got to get away from the house for the day with my mom, two of her sisters and one of my cousins. The five of us went to Seattle to see the play 'Mary Poppins'. ( In photo - Mom and two of her sisters. )
The play was fantastic! Very colorful and the songs and acting were great. Better than the movie.
After the play we all walked down to P.F. Chang's for dinner. It was fun to dress up and spend some time with some of my family members!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could get sea sick just looking at the stormy weather in those first photos!!! That's great to have all that fish on hand. We had baked catfish for dinner tonight.
So happy you had a night out with your mom and aunts. That is a beautiful shawl your Mother is wearing and I bet she made it.

Hope you all have a safe and fun weekend.

KathyB. said...

The photo of the sea swirling and churning reminded of being sea sick just fishing with my Dad on gently swelling waves, goodness, I would be spending most of my time bending over board if I had been fishing with Tom. Glad and appreciative of you both sharing his catch without me having to be on board!

I really enjoyed Mary Poppins and would recommend this show to anyone, even Dads would enjoy this one.You are so right, it is better than the movie.Thank-you Joni & friend!