Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Newbies

Or should I say the NewBees. Our hive from last year died over the winter like a lot of other people's hives in our area, so we needed to find another bee supplier close by. Thankfully, our friend Stephanie just got some new bees and gave us the name of the guy who sells them just about a 30 minute drive from our house. My husband was away on a fishing trip when the call came in that the bee guy had some bees for us to pick up, so the kids and I drove over and picked them up. I'm not an experienced bee re-locater but my Dad is so he was kind enough to come on over and he and Little J got the bees all situated in their new hive.
Out of the shipping box and into the hive they go.
Then Dad adds the Queen bee.
I checked on them and fed them for the next few days and now, a week later, they seem to be doing great. Hopefully this hive can last through a soggy Winter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!
Why do you have the bees?

Lanny said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Bees! Stephie almost has us talked into having bees. Dirt is a hold out.

Connie said...

Good luck with them. I hope they do well for you.