Friday, June 8, 2012

Dogs: The Best Co-Workers

 This is my youngest brother with my oldest son ( on the horse ) and my brother is holding ... his dog.  One of his Jack Russell Terriers.  I'm a little bit jealous of my brother.  His co- worker is his dog.  I think the best jobs out there are the ones where you can take off for work and have your dog riding along side you.  As you can see, my brother started his dogs off way early in life going to work with him.  He used to have his Blue Heeler ride along in his saddle bag on his horse.  ( Kinda like those sparkly celebrity girls with their poodles in their purses - or not. )
 When you have a job like this ( above )
 You can also take your nephew to work with you.  But most days my brother's dog rides along in the truck as my brother goes to shoe client's horses.
 This is not my motorcycle, or my dog ( look closely by the back wheel ),.  They belonged to a farmer I worked for,  but I had the extreme pleasure of riding this motorcycle to work with sheep for 6 months with this lovely dog sitting behind, or in front of me the whole while.  She was poised and ready at a moment's notice to jump off the bike and go after any stray sheep, bark on the heels of the flock when they got too slow or head them all off through the correct gate to their own paddock.

What a joy it was having a dog as my co-worker!  I would love so much for my kids to be able to grow up having jobs where they can work along side their best four legged friend.  A great way to relieve the stress of today's workplace and the best part is, when you just need to vent and gripe about the daily grind, your 'co-working ' dog just sits there and listens.

5 comments:

KathyB. said...

All the reasons dogs are famous for being "man's best friend".( Woman's too)

Anil P said...

Such a lovely picture you painted. Dogs are indeed a gift to humanity. Just their presence is heartwarming, and inspiring to go about the day.

Eyes and the tail say so much.

Alice said...

i have been thinking about getting a four-legged friend but need to wait until we no longer want to travel. I wanted a corgie but out here where it is cold and snowy or hot and humid , I think it wouldn't be wise. ticks might be able to hide in the fur and the belly on the ground with so much snow would be quite a job for me.What a joy for your children to have this oportunity

Connie said...

A dog as a coworker would be wonderful indeed. My dog is a wonderful companion, but I can't take him to work. Although if I did, I think he would be nice to have around to keep me company.

Vickie said...

Hey there - thanks for your visit and your sweet comments! I have to check up on you, too! Love your post on dogs as co-workers... yes, I agree, it would be great to have one as a co-worker beside you that could do your bidding and read your mind and know what he was supposed to do. If I ever have livestock that need herding, I hope to have one. My Aussie/collie mix might be good at it, but it would take some training. Have a great week, young lady!