Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bullfrogs and Butterflies

 The house we moved into is fantastic.  We love it!  But, we have two boys and two girls and they're all upstairs and sharing a bathroom ( and a closet ) and the bathroom up there was, well, ... blah.  Everything was new, just blah.  Tan and white, the mirror was hung way off to the side, the towel rack was too high for the kids to reach and there was no character.
 So we made it a little brighter.  Most of the things we used we already had.  I figured a bullfrog and butterfly theme was good since we have a lot of frog and butterfly decor.
 KN chose the wall color.  'Banana Leaf' green.  We still need to install the baseboards which are sitting in our garage.
 We hot glued glass stones in green and blue around the mirror and rehung it more centered over the sink and moved the towel rack.
We hand painted the existing shower curtains with fabric paint since I couldn't find any we liked at the store. 

3 comments:

Connie said...

It looks great! That really brightened the room up.

KathyB. said...

I love the POP of color, and it is perfect for this bathroom, especially since it is the kid's and they are helping make the creative decisions. VERY creative.

Debbie said...

That bathroom certainly got interesting! Bright colors to encourage and get one up and out in the mornings. You have such good ideas! I'm so glad you are truly enjoying your new home.
Debbie