Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Golf Humor

This one is for my husband. He loves this commercial. Before he was a landscaper, gardener, husband and father - he was a golfer. I'm gonna go ahead and say he's a pretty good golfer. I'm quoting others who've played with him since I have no knowledge of the game. He golfed through high school and then more as he worked at a golf course. I think sometimes the golf courses are still calling to him but he gave up golf a couple of years ago when he got more involved with his new passion - bird hunting with the doggies! Now the golf clubs sit alone gathering dust in the garage - maybe someday ...

7 comments:

Susie said...

I too think that is so funny! What's a shankapotamus???!!! I laugh everytime I see that.

Anonymous said...

That makes me laugh every time!

Your RE Broker said...

hahaha I've never seen these commercials until you posted them...very funny! Did I ever tell you that my brother golfed when I lived on Guam and I knew he was good so I mistook Tiger Woods for him when I saw a tournament on TV? I was jumping up and down thinking "wow, I knew he was good, but I didn't know he was THAT good". hahaha

Lanny said...

Dirt explained the shankapotamus thing the other night, wish I could remember...

We love these commercials, well except Anna, the first one they did well...

LindaSue said...

"The golf shanks can cause the most embarrassing shot for both beginner and experienced player alike. "they hit the ball with the wrong part of the club head and it sends the ball in an almost 90 degree angle from where they were aiming - so calling him shankopotamus was like a dinosaur with the dreaded "shanks" - superstitious golfers don't even use the word.I grew up in a house of golfers - I'm the rebel but the I heard the talk for 20 years! That talking baby commercial series absolutely tickles me. Isn't it wonderful God made men and women so different!?

A. Joy said...

Thank you Lindasuebuhl! Now I don't have to explain the term - which my husband just had to explain to me! And yes, it's a very good thing God did not make men and women exactly alike! =)
AMC - I do remember you telling me that story and there have been several other times people have said he looks like Tiger. I almost put a picture of him next to a picture of Tiger on this post. =)
Lanny - glad you couldn't remember the explanation of the term after hearing it told to you the first time either and yes, I know exactly what you're talking about in the first commercial that Anna would have a problem with. blegh!

Connie said...

This is a funny one--one of my husband's favorites too. Whoever came up with this marketing campaign is very clever.