Friday, March 20, 2009

Children

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3 - 5a
God has allowed 4 children to be born into our home for us to raise for Him. If I am too busy to teach them about the Lord and His ways, then what the heck am I doing raising them?
I must try my hardest to teach them morals and values that God would have them learn and show them they must obey and follow certain rules, not because I have instructed these things but because God has told us how to live. If He has said not to do certain things, we will try our hardest not to do them. If He has commanded us to do certain things, we will try our hardest to follow HIS orders. I only hope I can lead by example. I feel honored God has trusted me with this very important job!
"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

"Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother. That it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth. And, fathers do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:1 - 4

"How blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, you will be happy and it will be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord." Psalm:128:1 - 4

7 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

I agree! Adam and I started doing a study about baptism, and that started us thinking about being disciples for our children. It's amazing to be trusted with these little lives, and I'm just starting this journey. Adam and I look up to you and family for all that you do in Him. Keep up His work! :)

Your RE Broker said...

I really love this post...brings happy tears to my eyes because we are truly blessed to have children. I hope I do a good job teaching our kids good morals and ways of the Lord too. Great post A Joy!

KathyB. said...

This post brings tears to my eyes, daughter and sister in the Lord! There is nothing more precious than to know our children walk with God and strive to reach His ways to their children, our grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

What a heart-warming post. You are very blessed indeed and your children are very fortunate to have parents and grandparents who strive to do His will in bringing them up. It is such a pleasure to have met you and your lovely family. These photos are precious.

Susie said...

That's a very sweet post Autumn. Your kids are so cute!

Is that your deck where they are on saddles? I love those "wood" horses.

A. Joy said...

Thank you Wilson Clan, amc, KathyB, Mildred, Lanny and Susie.
Susie - I wish this were my deck but this is actually an ice cream shop in an old western town called Winthrop. You can walk along the boardwalk on the mainstreet which goes alongside a river. We went there for a weekend on our wedding anniversary last year. We too liked the saddle chair ideas and since CT has a real old saddle, we thought we should make one of these out by our kids' playground.

Connie said...

I love the smiles on the faces of all your little "blessings." Great photos and wonderful heartwarming post. :)