skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The first time we ever traveled up these narrow, winding, switchback dirt roads on Burley Mountain was July, 1996. We were camping at Iron Creek campground and made the drive up to check out the berry crops. They were everywhere! Wild huckleberries and blueberries and it was hot. MN was only 1 and a half and enjoyed grabbing berries and shoving them into her mouth. We went back down with three blue handed kids, stained by all the berries they picked.
The drive is long and the road is only wide enough for one vehicle at a time and there's always a steep drop off to one side of you but thankfully my husband has never 'steered us wrong' on the trip up or down.
5 comments:
I am so happy to see pictures of Burley Mountain because I do not intend to make the drive up there on that steep one lane dirt road. Too much excitement for me, but a lot of fun for you all. I like keeping the camp ready for your return, berries or no!
I would love to stay back at camp ready to make a berry cobbler when you all came back. I miss camping. Here it is so hot and humid and buggy it just isn't much fun and then in the middle of the night you get thunderstorms that drench everything with rain. Thanks for the pictures.
WOW!!
Blessings and prayers,
andrea
Beautiful place. Glad you didn't freeze this time.
Berry picking--Yum! Looks like a fun family outing. Great pictures, Autumn. :)
Post a Comment