Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fishing With the Boys

Tom and I took CT and Little J down to the river to do some fishing while we were camping last weekend. Tom started catching fish as soon as he put his line in. Little J wanted to touch the fish. Tom caught six but all were a bit too small to bring back and cook up.
CT didn't want to fish at first and Little J was getting grumpy because he wanted to swim IN the river and of course I wouldn't let him. Tom went up river a bit to let the dogs swim, I stayed put and threw my line in and CT, after baiting my hook for me with a big worm, decided he'd bait his own hook and cast his line in. He cast it way across the river, really nice, and waited. Then I hear him yelling to me that his line was stuck on a log. I told him how to work it loose. He kept calling back that it was still stuck. Then he yells, 'Mom, my reel fell off." Oh brother. I told him to just wait for his dad then. After a few minutes of seeing him trying to wind this huge ball of tangled string onto his reel, he yells over to me - " Hey, I caught a fish on my line!" He was pulling the string in by hand and when he got it in there was a fish on it.
That made his day better. He ended up catching the biggest fish of the trip and took it back to cook up for his dinner. He breaded it and fried it in butter and salt. He said it was good.

6 comments:

KathyB. said...

Way to go CT.This is one fish story that is amazing AND true, though I have one complaint, you did not share your fish dinner with me!Maybe next year~

Connie said...

What a great story! Congratulations to CT. Well done! :D

Anonymous said...

That's a delicious looking fish that CT caught for his dinner. Way to go CT! That sure is a scenic place to enjoy camping with the family.

Susie said...

Good for him. Looks like a nice to fish and a beautiful day for it.

Debbie said...

I absolutely love fishing! But when it comes to cleaning, cooking and eating, I'll give them away!
Evidently a good time was had by all; I've been reading about your trip and enjoying your pictures:)

Wilson Clan said...

I love stories like this! CT will be telling that one for years..and I'm sure the fish will only get bigger in he story! ;)