Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree ~

The kids and I went not far down the road to pick up the tree this year. Keeping things simple. That's what I'm all about. I had to go with the Grand fir because of the smell. As we set it up in the tree stand the kids all picked a few needles and broke them in half to smell the very fragrant citrus scent. They were happy. Ever since Tom and I have been married we've always put on red & white lights but we always had multi colored lights when I was growing up so I did colored lights for the kids this year. We only have young kids in the house for so long. I can do the fun kiddie stuff now and do the coordinated, classy stuff when they're grown. Heck, I still put on cartoons to watch while I eat my lunch so maybe the colored lights are really for me?
Oh, our little guy was thrilled to have a Christmas tree. He calls it a Ho Ho tree ??? He helped put on his ornaments and begged his daddy and me to lift him up to see the ones up high. Just watching the joy on his little face as he looked at each ornament ( including the moose poop rolled in glitter and hand painted from Alaska - one of his favorites! ) and sat on his wooden rocking horse just staring up at the lights and setting his wooden train underneath ... that's what I"ll remember. That's what makes me happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. I only wish I could smell your fragrant tree through the computer screen!

KathyB. said...

He is so much fun to watch. I loved watching him gaze at our tree ornaments tonight, and comment on them. He also asked you to lift him up to see other ornaments. I don't think anything escapes his notice, just like his Mom!

Vickie said...

Hello, and a Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family, my dear! Thanks for coming by and your sweet comments on my Meme! I, too, am glad to know that we are so much alike - especially in our love for the Lord!

I know you are soaking up every single minute watching your little ones as they grow up SO fast! It happens in the blink of an eye!

Glad you got your stomach problem straightened out - oh, to want to GAIN weight! I supposed it's just as much a problem as wanting to lose weight... I wouldn't know....

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Nancy M. said...

What a pretty tree! I'm with you on letting the kids do it there way. I figure one day that won't want to, anymore, then it will be my turn.

Love the snow fort the kids built below. I've never tried to build one of those, they did a good job!