
Our oldest son CT's testimony is easy to remember because right after he asked Jesus into his heart, I emailed my mom and dad and told them how it happened. They printed out the email and I now keep it in CT's baby book.
It was January 22, 2005 and he was 5 1/2 years old. We're always talking to our kids about the Lord, salvation, heaven and doing what God tells us to do so they know about God, it's just up to them to want to ask Christ to be their savior.
We were on our way home from church that evening and CT had been battling a fear of going to hell when he died because he had not asked Christ to save him from his sins. CT said on the drive home that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart that night because he wanted to make sure he would go to Heaven. He insisted we pray that night and wanted help on what to say to Jesus. I asked him if he loved God, was sorry for all his sins, wanted Jesus in his heart to help him be good the rest of his life. He answered yes to all this. Then I told him he just had to tell God what he wanted and tell Him he loved Him and wanted Him in his heart. CT asked if I would pray for good dreams and for our dog Halle to have puppies and that he would pray the rest on his own. While I was tucking him into bed and praying for good dreams etc... he was crying and saying he didn't want to pray right then, then he was saying " No, No Please pray with me now!" Then, ( crying ) "No, don't pray, I'll do it later." back and forth he was battling with himself. I left him to it and went to tuck the other two kids in. Awhile later when I was carrying baby MN to bed, Cole was sitting up in his bed with a big smile and said " Mom! I did it! I prayed it!" Like he was so relieved!
Here's a verse from the Bible lesson our kids studied yesterday ~
1 Timothy 4:12
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. "
2 comments:
I like how you said he smiled as if he was relieved. It is a relief to have the weight of sin taken away, I think. That was quite a decision to make for one so young. Nice picture of CT. :-)
I love this , reading again the precious story of our Grandson coming to know Jesus. Praise God CT has, and loves Him.
Post a Comment