Saturday, January 29, 2011

KN's Testimony

Our daughter KN was 6 years old when she accepted Christ as her Savior. It was in 2007. She's always been VERY independent. There's no telling her how to do things and she was born with a look on her face as if she already knew everything and she might enlighten you if she felt like sharing. Her big brother likes to have her go everywhere with him for his safety. She just rolls her eyes and giggles. We call her KN the Brave. She wasn't going to take any pressure to ask Jesus into her heart. It would be on her own and on her own terms and timing. This is good because we'd never want our kids to accept Christ because we'd pressured them into doing so - we want them to follow Him by their own free will. After all, we cannot know their hearts. Only God does. We'd been having discussions about what happens when you die and how Christ saved us from our sins and it's up to us to repent of our sins and ask Him to help us through our life to avoid temptation and to try our best to follow Him and study His Word. CT was always concerned that KN had not asked Jesus into her heart yet. But she would insist she wasn't ready and she'd do it on her own when she was. Then little MN would stand up on her chair and say 'I Love Jesus!!!!' "Yes, we know you do." We'd reply. Our 3rd child, MN, has always been very vocal about her love for Jesus. She also has no trouble asking others to come to church or if they love Jesus. But KN is much more shy and keeps everything inside. A few days later, while sitting at the table for lunch, the topic came up again and KN said " I prayed to ask Jesus into my heart." "You did?" We asked " You told God you're sorry for your sins and you now want to live for Him?" "Yes." she said. And that was it. I ask her now if she remembers anything else. She says no, she doesn't remember the details, just that she was by herself and ever since then she knows she's saved and that then 'Daddy' cried because he was happy. Which I think shows the kids just how important their salvation is, to their earthly father and their Heavenly Father. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

7 comments:

Andrea said...

My youngest son, Wil accepted Christ at age 6. Many of my friends questioned his understanding. I knew he understood what he was doing and I am amazed as I have watched GOD use him and work in and through his life, to this day. He turned 18 this week and I am thankful GOD allowed me to be his mom!
Hugs,
andrea

Woodcreek Ranch said...

These are great.

KathyB. said...

Your description of KN is so right on and I immediately pictured 'that' look on her face.She always appears to have special and secret insight into life.

I love this post too, because I love your children, not near as much as God does though!

Mrs. Mike said...

Oh, how sweet to walk with Jesus!

Lanny said...

I really appreciate the part about her dad, and how you believe it shows the children how important salvation is. My father loved to share his faith with me, not in a big wordy way, but quietly with a squeeze of his strong hand. I will never forget such moments between us as I'm sure your girls will never forget their dad sharing ways of faith with them.

Your RE Broker said...

Thank you for the happy tears while at work!!! =) I haven't peeked in on your blog in too long and am always happy when I do! Love to you all!

Nancy M. said...

I've enjoyed reading these testimonies! How sweet your children are!