Monday, October 17, 2011

Break Downs & Changes

Surprisingly there isn't a cloud in the sky today and it's not even that cold out so we took a walk. Well, two took a ride on bikes, and two of us walked.
Things are still pretty green around here and just barely starting to change color for Fall. I'm still not quite used to the idea that it's already October and half way through it at that.
What's this? ( above ) Welllll, isn't that how you get HD TV? Put one TV in front of another? When I asked my dad this he said "No, this is called 'HAD A TV' " The reason we have one TV sitting in front of the other TV is that we had a quick power outage that fried our flat screen TV on our living room wall, so for the time being, we've moved the smaller TV from the study to use in the living room. Right around that same time two of our three vehicles decided to break down. The kids and I usually drive the big Excursion but with that out for repairs we were taking the small Saturn around town until that left us stranded at Walmart for several hours and then that went in for repairs too. We then resorted to cramming the six of us into the pickup or just staying home.
I'm pretty happy now though since my ride finally made it home from the shop last week.
One of the changes around here is Mom moved back to the East Coast this weekend to keep her twin sister company. She'd only lived here for not quite a year and half but it still feels strange to not have her around.
Now her 'apartment' the trailer, sits empty. We'll miss having her here but know she'll be enjoying the companionship of her twin. And although time doesn't stop and the work must go on around here and change must happen with each season ....
Our tomatoes didn't get that message. They're still sitting out in the garden green as their leaves, not changing a bit.

3 comments:

Connie said...

That always seems like the way--we have one thing break and then two more right after! Glad you have your ride back now. I can't believe it is the middle of October either. Time has just been zipping by.

Vickie said...

And don't ya just hate spending money on upkeep on vehicles and appliances! So frustrating! I know you hate that your mom has moved but I'll bet she and her twin will have a wonderful time and make each other great company!

KathyB. said...

I know you'll be missing "Nonna", but it is good she was able to be there for awhile and get to know her grandkids.

Daisy is right,it does seem everything seems to break at the same time, and deplete any funds in the bank, or add to the credit card , to be depleted later.God does provide and really, it is kinda nice to be able to stay home with a truly legitimate excuse.."everything is broken and I can't get out!"