Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's Not Rocket Science ~ but still pretty cool.

While I was in the bathroom dying my hair today, I had no idea there was a science fair going on in our dining room. The kids called me in to 'judge' their science projects. I really had no idea they'd even been working on any science projects so was pleasantly surprised to see all the detail and work they'd put into these projects! CT did his on Bearded Dragons. Above is how he set up his educational display, complete with live bearded dragon sitting on top of his perch. Below are photos of the information he'd written out. Click on them to enlarge the photos to read more clearly and yes - we do need to work on some spelling!
KN did hers on honey bees. She had a live honey bee ( most likely stolen from daddy's hive ) in the plastic container with flowers and water. Even I learned something from each display.
"Honey bees don't have red blood cells like we do. Their blood has no color. It's pushed forward from the heart and comes back to the thorax and abdomen. Then it goes again to the heart."

3 comments:

KathyB. said...

Wow, this post seems to illustrate the teachings of John Holt....I have his book if you're ever interested. Basically, given the opportunity and plenty of things to read, explore,and do, children learn so much more, especially since they delve into subjects that interest them. The kids will remember what they have learned here. I love this post!

Connie said...

Wow! How cool that they took this upon themselves and did it all on their own. They did such a great job too. You have much to be proud in with your children.

Shelley said...

Science projects are so fun - and these are exceptional!! You must be so proud of the kids!

p.S. I love your blog header - I could look at that mountain forever.