
Isn't this a cute little fairy? We're putting together our costumes for halloween. We don't really go all out for halloween, sometimes we don't do anything at all and since we don't live in a 'neighborhood', we don't even know it's happening unless we venture into town and are then reminded by all the crazy made up people wandering around the streets and stores. I've only been truly frightened once during halloween and that was a couple of years ago when out at walmart with my son and we spotted a young woman without any pants on standing in the check out line. Maybe she was there because she'd forgotten to pick up a bottom to go with the top to her costume??? At any rate - pretty scary!

The kids finally made up their minds as to what they wanted to be this year since we'll be going out trick or treating in my aunt and uncle's busy ( and safe ) neighborhood. We'll be bringing along a fairy, this black cat ...

A cookie sheet full of gingerbread men,

and a little horse. The girls and I have been watching
Kandee Johnson's U tube videos on all her costume ideas and the girls really wanted me to dress up this year with them. I haven't actually dressed up in about 15 years but I finally decided if I could find items to make a costume for either Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood or Tinkerbell, I'd humor them and dress up too. Turns out a Snow White dress was wayyyy too hard to locate in grown up size, Red Riding hood's makeup wasn't 'fun' enough for the girls and since I do have a pointed left ear, my high school nickname was Tinkerbell and the costume and wig were all over the stores - Tinkerbell it is. Hope you all get lots of candy!!!
3 comments:
Love the outfits, very clever. You do look like Tinkerbelle, and all of you look like you had fun getting dressed in costume. ( are you sure these are costumes, after all, you DO have pointed ears.
What clever outfits! And the gingerbread cookie man is so funny! Now I know what Tink looked like grown-up :D
What fun! You all look great! I hope you have fun trick-or-treating. :)
Post a Comment