Sunday, January 8, 2012

I LOVE Dust.

I love dust. I know, good thing I don't have allergies right?! I really do love dust. Mix it in with boots and jeans and I'm REALLY happy. I think the primary reason I love dust so much is because if it's dusty - it's NOT MUDDY! I have an extreme dislike for mud. But there's something else about dust - just being out walking on a dusty road or in a dusty field - it makes me feel like there's nothing I can't do. It makes me feel warm, strong, happy. Especially if I have my uniform on - jeans, boots and Tshirt.
Seeing ground all covered in dust has always made me feel happy for as long as I can remember, then looking up at the blue sky, knowing things are staying dry outside and I don't need to have a coat nearby, finding work to do out in the dust, seeing movies where folks are walking down dusty roads in dust covered boots - makes me want to jump right in.
Over here where we live we don't get dusty ground for much of the year. Probably has something to do with the rain that seems to be falling out of the sky most of the time. Here my husband is demonstrating how I feel when it's raining - kind of Eeyore-ish. Kind of soggy, cold, uninspired. Winter and Spring are tough for me get through because of all the wet and how much not fun it is to work in the mud. More time for cleaning the house though and watching movies and laundry and blogging ... about things like my love for dust.

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

You can come on over and dust my house... while I am outside in the mud taking care of the critters and singing with happiness because i love the rain!

I often wonder how all 3 of my kids ( you being the oldest) long for and love hot dry weather after being raised here in the Pacific Northwest, home of wet , muddy weather.but lovely green summers !

Alice said...

The up side of all that rain is it is green for most of the summer and fall. Here we have brown and barren this winter because the snow forgot to fall. I miss the green but I know that all that grey, wet weather can make you a bit melancholy. It is funny how when it is gone you ( Myself) really begin to miss it.