First off, I woke up early this morning to a pink sky! Always means there's a good day ahead. =) Seems like January is a tough month for a lot of people, the holidays are over, finances are drained, weather is cold and gray, colds and flu are going around etc... so I thought I'd make a list of all the things that make me happy. Not People, because there are a lot of people that make me happy and I'd hate to start listing and forget someone and then hurt anyone's feelings if they thought they didn't make me happy, so I'm sticking to THINGS - at least for this post. So, in no particular order - here are some of the things that make me happy ~
Blue Skies! ( And digging dirt with my boys today to plant our raspberries along the fence.)
My knee high old school Skater Socks. Seriously, best socks ever and you can get them in all colors at skatersocks.com. =)
PANCAKES!!!
Speaking of pancakes ~ This candle, as soon as one burns out I buy another one and have been burning this scent of candle for about 5 years and never get sick of it - it always makes the house smell like I'm cooking pancakes. This one is called Pecan Pie but it used to be called Hazelnut creme - anyway, they both smell the same. Love it!
Probiotics! I've been taking one every morning for a year now and haven't caught any more than a sniffle when everyone else in the house gets colds and flu and I've saved myself sooooo much tummy trouble! Wish I'd discovered these in my 20's , would have made life so much more enjoyable! (Tough to find brands that don't contain milk but these ones don't ) ( My orchids that won't quit blooming are nice too! =)
Cleaning BATHROOMS! Let's face it - when you're cleaning the bathroom, everyone else leaves you alone. Plus I like to make things shiny and when you clean a bathroom, it always looks clean so you can tell you actually DID something.
Make up. Just putting it on makes me happy, even if I'm staying in doing laundry all day I'll still put my make up on - it's fun to play with and fascinates me how it can transform people so drastically!
My HUGE extremely snugly blanket that I got in 2010 for my birthday from my parents when I was feeling especially cold and sick. ( Before the probiotics ) (MN is modeling it for me. ) It's so soft and fleecy and the greatest blanket EVER.
A hot fire to stand in front of! And even better if it has cool colors in it - better than a Disney lights on water show. ~ ~ ~So, these were some of the THINGS that make me really happy. What are some of yours?
5 comments:
Well, not following your example, YOU! You make me happy, your children make me happy, your husband makes me happy ( even when he's frowning ), your brothers and their families make me happy. Rain makes me happy, sleeping in makes me happy. Good coffee makes me happy too...so many things. Life really is good, isn't it?
Wonderful post! There are so many things, it's hard to know where to begin, but off the top of my head, I'd say a cup of hot tea, soft pillows, a good book, music, bright colors, and the warm afghan my mother made for me as starters. :D
My favorite is the fire and the cosy blaket both are very valuable where I live
I'm with Kathy! My loved ones make me happy! And my little farm, and my pooches. Love sunshine on my face in the winter. Kind of like counting your blessings isn't it? And those are infinite! Have a happy week, young lady!
MN looks like she's drowning in that comfy blanket! I have been thinking about taking probiotics, glad they are working so well for you. Love those knee high socks! They take me back!
Post a Comment