Saturday, August 29, 2009

Garden Update

Here's one of the cantaloupes we got out of our garden! We actually got several this summer, the rest will be ready to pick in a couple weeks.
The banana trees are finally big enough to block a little of the sun that hits me in the face way too early in the morning while I'm still in bed.
I got to eat the first ear of corn and it was truly the best corn on the cob I've ever had. No, I didn't share. It was too good. There's plenty more to pick soon.
The girls and I picked strawberries today. We looked up and saw Little J's barefooted self pushing back plant branches with one hand, cherry tomatoes in the other and making his way over to us for some berries. He'd let himself out of his stroller which was parked near by.
The cutting garden and vegetable garden behind it. We're still getting a LOT of cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, peppers, and herbs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cantaloupe looks good! We have terrible success with those. Your banana trees, cutting garden, herbs and veggies are all looking good. Do you use a lot of herbs in cooking? Hope you are still feeling better today. That little J is going to be hard to keep up with!

KathyB. said...

Sliced cantaloupe for potluck tonight?

That little J sure does love tomatoes and strawberries right from the garden, doesn't he? He is so much fun to take a toddler walk with, fearless and interested in everything. Guess now that he is removing himself from his stroller he will be having even more adventures!

Debbie said...

Oooohhhh, how I envy your space! I'd love to have that big garden, but I have a little, shady yard.
Cantaloupe is so delicious. They've been too expensive here this year and not too good lookin', but we've made up for it in seedless melons. I'm gonna miss those melons!
Debbie

Susie said...

What a great looking cantaloupe. How nice to have all those veggies.

Connie said...

Such a joy to have fresh produce from the garden. It always tastes best that way.