Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm Back! Sort of...

A nice family photo at Northwest Trek Wildlife Park.
The Grizzly Bears were out to play.
KN takes to the trails with her bag of popcorn.
(A Moose. It looks thrilled to see us.)
I'm back! Well, I was never gone, just half of my head was so I was trying to keep away from the computer. Thankfully, you can still take care of children, a husband and a house with only half a head. I am feeling much better now but still have two doctors appointments to look forward to where they'll see if they can find out what's causing all of the pressure in my left sinus passages. I was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection and broke out in a head to toe rash from the meds. I couldn't get in to see a doctor about the rash until that evening and still had to take our kids to their last day of swimming lessons so I caked on the makeup and hoped no one looked at my arms! ( It was way too hot to wear long sleeves. ) That evening the doctor commented on my "Summery hot pink shirt" and then broke out in laughter at the sight of my hives. I told her I figured, if you can't hide the rash, you might as well try to match it. She prescribed a different medication to clear up the sinus troubles and a cream for the hives. The new medication gave me awful stomach troubles so I quit that after the 3rd day. Now I'm just left with the occasional mild headache, slight pressure around my left eye and left sinus. As I'm sure many of you know all too well, you must see a different doctor for each part of your body -so, off to the eye doc I go and then off to the Ear, nose throat doctor ( He must feel VERY qualified to get THREE parts of the body to specialize in! ) Of course I have to have a head CT done first so they can see if I've been putting any marbles or peas up my nose.
Anyway, I feel well enough to blog again! We had a wonderful day last Sunday out at North West Trek wildlife park with our sister and brother in law and cute little nephew. My sister in law wrote a wonderful account of our day on her blog Kiss of Pikake. Titled 'Trekkin in the Northwest.'
We'll spend this Sunday at our little community fair where the kids entered some flowers, produce, art and CT entered a bison he created out of vegetables for the 'Vegetable Critter Contest.' Then it's time to get ready for camping and my husband has already been gearing up and working the dog for the hunting season which is just around the corner!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thankful that you are some better. Sometimes the meds cause more trouble than they are worth! What fun family photos today. This is my favorite time of the year to be out and about. Hope you'll share lots of pictures of the camping trip. You asked about the peas - they are similar to black eyed peas but taste much better - if you google purple hull peas - you can get growing info and recipes. There is actually a purple hull pea festival in ARK each year!!! Enjoy the weekend and I hope you continue to feel better. We'll pray as you go for more testing - keep us posted.

Nancy M. said...

Great pictures! I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Susie said...

Girl, I hope you get to feeling better soon! Nothing worse than sinus pressure and headaches.

That is a great family pic. I bet everyone had a great time there.

KathyB. said...

Cute picture of KN, and I had described to her Poppa just how cute she looked that day and here is a picture!

The Northwest Trek is a great park for us , isnt it? I just hope the moose is out when your Dad and I go.

And yes, I am praying you'll just find out your fine and dandy and was wasting your time reading magazines in Doctors offices.

Shelley said...

So sorry to hear about your sinus troubles and your hives! You poor thing!! Your family photos are wonderful!

audrey y said...

What a blessing to watch you molding your beautiful litle brood, and if they turn
out anything like their mom and dad they will be all a parent could hope for

I love youur posts...all of them

Audrey

Debbie said...

I so hope you get to the bottom of these ailments so they stop interrupting your time! I hate feeling bad, and like you I'm allergic to most meds. The hives are no fun at all.
Good pictures. Glad to see a pic of an excited moose. HAHA!
Debbie

Wobegon Cottage said...

I rmember when Michelle was little breaking out in hives after being at your parents place for the fouth of July...to many allergens with all the animals ,grasses and smoke from fireworks. She had the upper half the first day and the lower half of her body the second day. Very strange. Some of those medications are worse than the illness. Hope you feel better soon.

Wilson Clan said...

We're so glad you're feeling better!! We'll pray for even more recovery for ya!

Btw..GREAT family picture and garden!!!!