Monday, November 10, 2008

On the trail with Tater

I'm really glad our camera usually goes along on our hunting trips since not all of us in our family of 6 can always make it out on the trail to find the birds with Tater.
We anxiously await the days when all four of our little ones have strong hiking legs that can endure the rough terrain and tough climbs often necessary to find the coveys of bird we're searching for.
Even if you are not the 'shooter' on a hunt, the trip is still a lot of fun. Just the challenge of searching for birds and being out there in nature is reason enough to go along. Most of the time though, only Tater's master and sometimes our boy 'C' can take Tater out to set her nose free on the trail.
We typically hunt 'Upland Game Birds' such as Pheasant, Quail and Chukar.
Since today is one of those days and Tater and her master Birdy Balaku had to leave the rest of us behind at home - I thought I'd post some of the photos taken while out there on the trails with Tater. Hope you enjoy!
( Dirt and Lanny's daughters on a hunting trip with us. )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty scenery. I loved seeing the photographs.

KathyB. said...

Hope Tater and Balaku come home with some birds !Your youngest daughter is keeping me busy here. Actually, she is teasing me !

A. Joy said...

Got another pheasant rooster today.
Maybe we'll be bringing roast pheasant for the next church potluck!

Wilson Clan said...

These pictures are amazing! I can see why traveling along is worth it!!

WingMaster said...

Now, this is a site I can get "into"! How was Ellensburg?

Susie said...

Hello, I found your blog through Mildred. You obviously live in a beautiful part of the country, how lucky your are. I enjoyed looking through your posts. You have cute little girls and I love how you have instilled in them the importance of cooking.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on mom's birthday cake with the little Harriet on top. That was an ice cream cake - strawberry ice cream with vanilla cake and icing. It weighed about 5 lbs. We did not know you were supposed to set it out 30 min. prior to eating and bent a couple of knives!