My kids had their mission set before them - hide as many fake bugs in as many places as they could without the aunties knowledge. ( coat pockets, purses, shoes, inside their car ... )
Ever since I was very small, these sisters have been pulling pranks on each other and a favorite is to hide fake bugs and reptiles and scare each other. Three of the four are extremely frightened by bugs and reptiles. My mom is not, she likes to catch them, therefore, you don't get much of a reaction out of her when you hide a bug in say, her bathtub or the seat of her car.
Here is my mom ( in blue ) with the two youngest sisters, Joni and Tricia ( the tall one ) along with myself and my four kids.
We took lots of photos and I'm sure my mom will have a fabulous post full of fun pics on her blog when she returns.

The four sisters youngest to oldest from the left. Tricia, JoAnn, Karen and Kathy ( Mom ). They toured the house, talked to the kids, held the kids, took photos, shrieked and screamed at the spiders and snakes as they put their coats and shoes back on, shrieked and screamed some more when discovering CT had hidden some in the car ( gosh, none of my neighbors are morning people either - don't think they were able to sleep in this morning! ) and then the sisters all piled into the car, rolled down the windows, blasted the stereo and hit the road. I don't imagine there will be any pause in conversation or noise on their road trip!
7 comments:
I knew your aunts were coming to visit this weekend. Thanks for the sneak peek at all the fun! Glad you and the children were able to spend some time with them and I think you are smart to warn the officials!!! I'll look for that white car on the news!ha
SOunds like so much fun!! What a great bond your mom has w/ her sisters! And how funny that you had the kid hide those bugs. Laughter makes a family closer in my opinion!
Oh my goodness I bet they have fun together!
What a wonderful and funny post daughter ! Those bugs and snakes terrorized your aunts to the very end of the weekend get away. Why, the snake even made an appearance at the bowling alley last night( peeking out of the finger holes of a bowling ball ) and he spent a bit of time surprising your aunts as they visited the bathrooms...there are all kinds of places to hide snakes in bathrooms you know! Thanks for adding to the excitement!And kids, I brought the snake back home for you, he has some funny stories to tell.
Thank you for capturing our time at your house so adequately. What is funny is the whole way to your mom's house, Karen and Tricia made me swear I did not bring a fake snake. Honestly, I hadn't even thought about it. But, your kids to the rescue. Love you all!
Auntie Joni
As we left the driveway blaring our music we could see the kids staring out the window of the living room waiting for the first of many bug attacks to occur. They were successful in their "attack" planning as Tricia found the first spider with a scream as she opened the car door to begin the adventure. They sure do take after their Aunt Joni!
Love Auntie Karen
I bet your kids had a blast hiding all those critters for your mom and your aunts to find. What fun! HA! :D
Post a Comment