This brown one has been in our underground hose bib since he set her free here at the end of summer. I see she's close to starving. Good grief, I guess all that stored fat kept her warm during our last few snowfalls.
Finding the frogs today reminded me of something he said two years ago when he'd caught a frog and set up a lovely home for her in his room. He was talking to me about the frog he'd caught the year before that. One that had laid eggs under the moss in the aquarium but they'd never hatched. He said " Maybe this new frog will lay eggs this year too, but I'll have to get a boy frog because Grandma says you need a boy frog to manure the eggs if you want them to hatch." It took me a second and I was about to correct him and tell him Grandma would have said you need the boy frog to 'fertilize' the eggs. Then I realized, to CT ,- manure and fertilize are the same thing. I told my mom she'd better be careful when cleaning up manure in her sheep pen, she might get manure on herself and end up pregnant.
This is our Mini Lop rabbit " Grasshopper". I raised Mini Lops growing up. I guess you could say rabbits were my 'thing'. My hobby, my collection, my job. I had around 50 at one time and made quite a bit of money raising them as a kid. We only have one now and he produces a nice amount of fertilizer for our garden.
This is a picture of the flower box my husband built for our daughter 'KN.' She has always had a love for flowers and anything girly. At age one, my mom and I were shopping and we passed the shoe isle and she gasped and said "SHOES!" She's always been super picky about the shoes she picks out and if there aren't any in the store she likes - she's happy to go home without buying anything. She also slows us down when we pass the jewelry and women's underwear sections in the stores. At age 3 she pulled me to a stop and said " DIAMONDS!" when strolling past the glass jewelry case. She does not get this trait from me.
Anyway, my point is, she loves girlish things and abhors stinky things. She says " Why do we even HAVE dogs ... all they do is poop in the yard and it's so gross!" Our other daughter is a master poop scooper and has even requested a pink pooper scooper for her 5th birthday! That's my girl!
When my husband was building the flower box in front of the rabbit pen, KN was so excited to have someplace for her very own flowers. Not long after her daddy was done with the building, she came inside stomping and sobbing. I asked " What's wrong?" She says " Daddy built the flower box all nice and everything and now ... he's putting POOP in it!!! " ( said like it was the most horrible thing to ever happen. ) Oh, sorry, I laughed at her. Then I explained that it was fertilizer from the bunny to help her flowers grow.
12 comments:
HEHEHEHE HAHAHAHA LOLOLOL I literally can't stop laughing out loud. =D This post is super funny and tickles me to death! I absolutely love what the kids have said...sooooooo sweet, innocent, ahhhh if they could only be that way forever. hehehe
Ohhh, makes me laugh every time I hear these stories ! I was just telling your Dad that we needed to find a pink pooper scooper for MN's birthday. It is nice to hear your Dad chuckling from the other room. But I have never, ever seen that dramatic a reaction from a one year old as when we passed the shoe section of a store....her awe and infatuation with rows of shoes was a sight to behold!And Mr. CT with his infatuation of animal life..., seems pretty sensible to me!
I loved all your kids sayings! Your son is so sweet and honest! I agree on writing them down. I bought my husband a journal to write down things my stepson has said thru the years.
P.S. Where can I get one of those pink pooper scoopers?! LOL!
What a fun read this morning. Thank you for sharing and I want to see the pink pooper scooper!
HA HA! Oh these are so cute! Great stories! Thanks for sharing these. I enjoyed the smiles. :D
That's a cute story! Your little bunny is so cute! I noticed you had it on a leash. Stupid question, but do you keep it in the house? I've heard you can train them to use a kitty box.
Tell CT that plumming is cutting the brances in the first part of a rainy day or all day on a dry day and pruning is cutting branches after you have gotten good and wet.
Thank you for your prayers for Nalley and me. We certainly know the power of prayer and your sweet comment on my blog is very much appreciated. You and your mom are great friends - so happy to have met you through blogging.
I have awarded you the LEMONADE STAND award. Come on over daughter and check it out!
amc ~ I wonder what crazy and wonderfully funny things are in store from your little guy!? Of course they also say some really embarrassing things sometimes too!
Mom ~ Guess we can kind of tell what they'll be like as adults by the things they love and say now eh?
Shellmo ~ Great idea on the journal to write these things down in! I think my mom plans on buying a regular scooper and painting it pink. =)
Mildred ~ I'm sure there will be pictures!
Daisy ~ Thanks! I see you've gone Red!
Susie ~ That's not a stupid question at all! Yes, that is a leash we have on the rabbit but only for when we want to let him hop around the yard. He lives in a large cage outside but many people do keep their rabbits indoors and yes, you can potty train them to go only in one spot. ( They do, however, enjoy chewing on things so watch your cords etc... )
Lanny ~ I will relay the message - I hope I'm never up in a tree in the middle of a rainstorm long enough to get good and pruny! I think I'll stick to 'plumming'. =)
Mildred ~ You are inspiring to me and I always learn something new from your blog - I will keep on praying.
Mom ~ I already checked it out and thank you!!!
those are very fat frogs and they are cute to. you had asked if I had Vally quail or bob white, I just Vally do you have yours still
You know, I was looking at mangoes in the grocery store, and Whitney asked if she could go home and play with her mango animals. She meant miniature. Not even CLOSE. :-)
I love the plumming comment!
Post a Comment