The last day of 2008 was spent at my parents house where they invited a few friends over to enjoy a wine tasting game hosted by my dad. We got to sample some very nice wines along with food to snack on.
Here is Little J trying his first tiny bite of Lefse. 'Grandma' gave him just a few teeny little bits and he seemed to like it!
MN and Little J are visiting with one of their favorite people ~ Anna! Anna makes their faces happy!
Practicing on Grandma's new smaller spinning wheel makes KN's face happy. Grandma is going to give KN spinning lessons in the new year! KN is very happy about this!
As the clock neared 12 we gathered in front of the tv to watch the seconds count down, the fireworks go off and all the crazy people with crazy 2009 glasses and silly hats on standing around in the freezing cold just to see if their face might make it on television.3 ~ 2 ~ 1 ~ Happy New Year!!! 2009 ! We all clinked glasses. KN and CT were wide awake with the adults. CT snaps a picture of Mommy with KN as the clock strikes twelve.
Little J's face is all squished on Grandma's arm as he snoozes his way into 2009.
MN put herself to sleep on the floor in Papa's study. Twelve o'clock ! And ALLLLL's Well!Happy New Year!
8 comments:
This was a great evening. It was so nice to be in the company of very good friends. Your dad is amazingly generous and your mom has made her home is so inviting. You and Tom have great role models and have done a good job gleaning from their lessons, I love being in your home as much as theirs!
Love the new header and dose of blue in your template! Your pictures turned out better than mine, and they are good pictures...it was so special to me to hold my youngest grandchild as the new year rolled in, and then have KN fall asleep on my lap while Little J also slept on,the house full of family and friends, doesn't get much better than that!
Such lovely pictures of fun and fellowship. Wishing you all much joy in the year ahead.
Looks like everyone had such a great time. A wine tasting party-that sounds like lots of fun! Thanks for letting us share a little of your family time. Happy New Year to you!
Excellent pic of Tater and of your New Year's celebration! :) You guys always have fun things going on. Happy New Year! Hugs & kisses
Happy New Year to you! These are wonderful family photos, A. Joy. I especially like the one of your mom holding the snoozing baby. Very sweet!
Love the new photo for your header!
Lanny, we always enjoy YOUR house! Ir'a always very festive, inviting and full of great food!
Kathy - Mom, I actually thought your photos were better. You got everyone looking at the camera around the table and all the treats!
Mildred - I'm hoping you have a new year filled with joy and make some great new memories.
Susie, my dad loves to put on wine tasting parties and he does all of the cooking. Very elaborate - they're hosting another one tonight. He gets very into it and does a great job. Mom gets to clean up!
amc - loved your post on your New Year's Eve! You take such great photos! Your brother took the photo on the header of Tater while on his last hunting trip a few weeks ago. I love it!
Daisy, Happy New Year to you!
I too like the photo of my mom with our baby - those are the things I want to be sure to remember and save for the kids to remember!
I had a great New Year party, I love you pics, and I had fun with everyone I hope you have a good 2009.
Post a Comment