One of the gifts my kids got for Christmas this year from an Auntie is Paula Deen's 'My First Cookbook'!We love Paula Deen. She's so fun to watch and her new cook book for kids is lots of fun to read. The pictures are fabulous and make the recipes really easy to follow and she has photos of herself as a child and of her children when they were young in the cookbook too.
As soon as my kids unwrapped it, our 7 year old daughter, KN, started looking through it. She liked the recipe for Green Eggs and Ham and since our chickens have been laying plenty of eggs lately and we'd just cooked up a big ham the night before - it seemed like a good time to have her make this!
You can't tell from the picture, but they really are bright green! When I was about 7 years old, my mom set aside an evening and read us the Dr. Seuss book and then cooked up green eggs and ham for dinner. We had ours for dinner last night along with fried rice and all of the kids gave it a 'thumbs up.'
8 comments:
:) Can your little cook share her recipe with her Auntie please? How cute!
I was just thinking a batch of ham and eggs sounded good, we have a lot of eggs too, but I'll skip the green part now that there are no children here to share them with. But KN and MN and CT can sure fix them here when they spend the night, and we can have them with french fries!
What a great gift for your small cooks from their Auntie! This book will always hold such cherished memories for all of you.
I forgot to share something funny with you. Today while shopping, I saw a small bronze-type statue of a dog looking at a turtle! I could not help but think of your dog and your son's turtle!
How great that KN already likes to cook. Sounds like a great cookbook. Paula Deen is so funny!
So much fun!!! I had a kids cookbook when I was little that had a recipe for egg salad. I made it for my family, and now I don't need the recipe any more because they've asked me to make it for them so many times! Cooking is so great! I love looking at the pics of your kids cooking--at home or at grandma's! :)
Your daughter is such a cutie w/ that beautiful hair! So glad you shared this cookbook. My little nephew loves to cook so I'm going to have to pick this up for him!
Thank you for stopping by my log cabin blog - please come back! :)
amc ~ we'll email you the recipe.
KathyB ~ I'm sure they'd be thrilled to make this with you at your house!
Mildred ~ what is it about cooking and food that always leave the best memories?
Mildred~ You'll have to let me know where you saw the bronze dog and turtle! How unique! I wonder if other people have turtle watching dogs??
Susie ~ I love all of Paula Deen's funny sayings. I forgot to tell you awhile back that after we made a giant ham for Thanksgiving, we used the leftovers and made your bean soup recipe from your blog and put the ham in it. It was super!
Wilsonclan~ Egg Salad! we all love egg salad , I think I'll go make egg salad!
Shellmo ~ you will definitely enjoy using this cookbook with your nephew and I will absolutely return to your blog quite often!
Post a Comment