I'm starting off this post with being 'tagged' by Susie from Digging in the Dirt. The rules after being tagged are to go to your 5th photo file or folder on your computer, then click on your 5th photo in that file, describe it in a post and then tag 5 more people. I was tagged on my 4th photo not too long ago so was excited to see what my 5th photo would be of.... It's my husband and our 3rd child, MN back in 2005, having dinner at my mother in law's family's restaurant! We LOVE eating there - her brother makes the best Chinese food ever!
Ingredients: 3 chicken breasts, broccoli, snow peas, baby corn, canned bamboo shoots, carrots, 2 cloves garlic, 3-4 cups white rice - cooked, 1 can coconut milk, 2 tsp curry powder, 2 tsp fish sauce, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp fresh or dried basil.
Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and cook in large skillet along with chopped garlic, basil and a small amount of vegetable oil.
Chop carrots and broccoli and add them to the pan of chicken along with the baby corn, snow peas and bamboo shoots. Stir together and put lid on skillet to let vegetable steam.
In a small sauce pan, heat coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce, curry powder and chicken broth until dissolved and heated through. Pour over chicken and vegetables in skillet.
Let simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat. Serve over rice. ( This dish is not very salty so you may add salt to taste.)

4 comments:
Hi Autumn! Your recipe sounds and looks delicious. Cute photo too! I just did this meme too. It was a fun one.
What an interesting post Autumn. I was tagged by Dorothy and will be doing this tomorrow morning. Always fun to see what the photo will be!
Okay, did I miss a post where you disclosed your name? Well either way, I'm glad to know it now.
Thanks for participating in the tag. I'm not a big fan of tags but this was easy and fun to do.
I love how you and a pen pal finally met and have been friends for so long. That's great!
Oh yum, I'm putting this on our must attempt list.
Anna will be excited to be tagged.
Read this after the girls trotted off to bed. But she will be thankful to have a "reason" to blog first tomorrow!
Post a Comment