Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello Sunshine!

What a nice surprise the weather threw us! Four whole days of warm, sunny weather! 73 degrees is what the weather man said.
This photo is of a stump we have which was carved into a bear holding a fish. These daffodils are always the first thing to bloom in our yard. CT was put to work moving rocks. We have lots of those. MN finishes up weeding and raking the sand around the fire pit with her new pink garden tools while 'Daddy' unloads all of the goat manure brought over from my folks place into our vegetable garden. The grass was dry enough to let Little J have a go at it. Almost 11 year old Halle, ( one of our black Labs, the same one in our header picture. ) walked over to him, sniffed down the inside of his diaper ( it was clean! ) then laid down beside him as if she was adopting him as one of her pups for the day. She would not leave his side while he was on the ground. He'd reach around to give her a pat now and then.

Now, how much grass can I eat before Mom puts down the camera and takes it out of my mouth?

The kids insisted all day Sunday that it WAS summer already ( hey, it's Washington - days like this in April don't come along often! ) so couldn't they play in the sprinkler? Or, how about the pool? Water balloons? Please, the sprinkler? We won't get too cold or leave too many piles of wet clothes and towels around the house!???So, we broke out the Disney Princess hopscotch mat that sprays water that MN got for her birthday!Of course after being soaked with your Disney Princess hopscotch mat - there's nothing else to do but sunbathe.

9 comments:

Lanny said...

Hasn't the weather been absolutely divine?! I just need fourteen more arms and legs to get all my work done and have fun too!

KathyB. said...

I love all the pictures! Especially little J. snuggled up against Halle. What a surprise, she is so old now, and to tend Little J. like that.

I knew the girls would be asking for the sprinkler. They wanted me to set one up here after their boat ride. And this is pretty much summer weather, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

What precious photos! I love these warm, Spring days. That is a cute hopscotch board - my how things have changed since I was a kid!!! I wish you and your family a blessed Easter.

Susie said...

This is such a fun post Autumn! The kids looked like they were enjoying themselves much. I love the way Halle looked after your little one. That is so sweet! What a great protector. It's really true that Labs really are great dogs.

Wilson Clan said...

Super fun "summer" fun!!! I love Washington during this time of year and in summer. It's the absolute best place to be!

Anna Colleen said...

It looks like everyone had fun, CT is hard at work, MN is too but the girls look like they really enjoyed the water and sun together, Little J is too cute.

KathyB. said...

I wanted to add that Cole is looking like he can graduate to an adult size wheelbarrow now. Remember when we bought him that wheelbarrow for his birthday a few years ago? It was bright orange and so big next to him!

And....how much grass did Little J. actually eat? I imagine Halle joined in on the snack,?

Your RE Broker said...

hahaha I love that the girls really wanted to play w/the water hopscotch. I always enjoy reading your posts...I hate that we live too far away for weekly visits. Love Bug would LOVE to play with his cousins!

Connie said...

So many sweet pictures. I especially love the ones of Halle next to little J. I think she was looking after him, trying to keep him warm and safe. That really made me smile.

I loved all the busy working little hands too. Such a lovely family you have.