These are crystals grown by CT using a crystal growing kit. A rock, some 'secret' chemicals and some warm water ... wait a week or so and these fascinating colors and shapes sprout up. They feel like glass. Talking about crystals got us talking about crystal palaces which got us talking about Heaven.
( our flowering cherry tree in bloom today. )
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth , where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:19 - 21
I have to say, with the way the economy is going, it's a little easier to wait and lay up our treasures in heaven.
6 comments:
That kit sounds like fun. I know what you mean about treasures.
The crystals and cherry blossoms are beautiful, but a mere shadow of Heaven.....I don't think our mortal minds could conceive or bear the sight of Heaven without Him.
Flowering cherry? Does this mean no cherry pie? I remember my dads-your grandpas cherry tree. When the blooms started to fall it was like snowing
Those crystals are so pretty! Yellow is my favorite color. Very nice post, Autumn. :)
Very nice post - the crystals are intricate and pretty - cherry blooms incredible! We've been talking a lot about heaven lately -and I agree with your mother - I don't think the Scriptures tell us more about heaven because we couldn't understand it with our mortal minds and we'd want it too much right away instead of doing our jobs here.
Susie ~ the crystal growing kit was pretty fun and easy too - this is the first time we've tried one.
KathyB. ~ I agree about heaven - I wanted to write the description of heaven from the Bible but it was so long and you can't pick out just one part - it's the whole thing or not at all.
Auntie Alice ~ Yes, flowering cherry means no cherry pies - at least not from our trees. We also have lots of the wild flowering cherry around - a bunch of birds must have been eating cherries in this area a few years back!
Daisy - Yellow is one of my 3 favorite colors too! Because it's so warm and sunny - that is also my birthstone color ( topaz ) which I was never excited about ( I wanted aquamarine! ).
LindaSueBuhl ~ I think you and my mom are very right about our minds not being able to comprehend all that heaven really is. I've been reading the chronicles of Narnia to my kids lately and CS Lewis does a great job of describing how different our earthly minds think and how many wonderful possible things we have to look forward to in heaven - and I imagine even he ( Lewis ) doesn't even come close in his words!!
Post a Comment